Switch to Native Mode

Post by Mike » Sun, 24 Nov 2002 05:56:09

I plan to finish moving the last of my mailboxes and finishing up my
migration this weekend.

I have an Exchange 2000 server in my 5.5 site.

I am concerned over how to decommision the 5.5 server after all of the
mailboxes are moved over. I only have 100mb left on my system partition of
my Exchange 5.5 server. (HP Netserver Navigator default set up) I cannot
install Exchange 2000 on that server. Do I have to?

How do I decommision the 5.5 site?

I would like to just change switch the IP addresses of the servers so my ISP
can find us. Will this be neccessary or do I have to contact them?

Switch to Native Mode

Post by Neil Hobso » Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:53:25

Step 6 of this guide will help you decommission your 5.5 server.  I'd
suggest reading it, as you have to do things in the right order.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/pr...

--
Neil Hobson
Silversands

http://www.silversands.co.uk

Quote:> I plan to finish moving the last of my mailboxes and finishing up my
> migration this weekend.

> I have an Exchange 2000 server in my 5.5 site.

> I am concerned over how to decommision the 5.5 server after all of the
> mailboxes are moved over. I only have 100mb left on my system partition of
> my Exchange 5.5 server. (HP Netserver Navigator default set up) I cannot
> install Exchange 2000 on that server. Do I have to?

> How do I decommision the 5.5 site?

> I would like to just change switch the IP addresses of the servers so my
ISP
> can find us. Will this be neccessary or do I have to contact them?

1. Switch to Native Mode

Sorry for my english...
Hi,

I'm going to switch my Exc2k organization from mixed to
native mode.I've some Macintosh client with outlook
express 4.5 and above and standard PC Outlook Client (97 -
98 -2000).
Do you know if there are problems with this upgrade ?

Thanks in advance
Gianluca

2. MAPI Property using ADO?

3. OWA 5.5 and switch to native mode

4. IMC, 5.5, and attachments - HELP

5. Cannot switch to native mode.

6. Exchange Client Via Web browser

7. Switching to Native-Mode...

8. problem when Upgrade from 5.0 to 5.5 : can not join site

9. Switch to Native Mode: Q272314

10. Switching to Native Mode

11. Recently switched to native mode Exchange 2000 from 5.5

12. Switching to Native-Mode...

13. Switch to Native Mode