Problems while running /forestprep on new Exchange 2003 Install?

Problems while running /forestprep on new Exchange 2003 Install?

Post by Beastie Bo » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 01:13:43

Installing Exchange Enterprise 2003 on a brand new Server 2003. This is a
brand new installation across the boards, single server. Getting the
following error, to my knowledge all of the criteria have been met. I am
logged on as Administrator.

The error message I get is:

The component "Mucrosoft Exchange Forest Preperation" cannot be assigned the
action "ForestPrep" because:
- To install the first Exchange server in a domain or to run setup in
/forestprep mode you must be an exchange Full Administrator at the
organization level. You must use an account that has been granted the full
Exchange Administrator role on the Exchange Organization using the Exchange
Administrative Delegation Wizard
- Either you do not have permission to update the Active Directory schema or
the Active Directory service is currently too busy
- You must have permission to modify the configuration container in the
Active Directory..

Ne help?

Problems while running /forestprep on new Exchange 2003 Install?

Post by Leif Pederse » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 01:32:34

Hi,

This article seems to describe the problem you are experiencing:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326262

Leif

Problems while running /forestprep on new Exchange 2003 Install?

Post by Beastie Bo » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 01:45:57

Negative, that change had already been made ): Anything else?

Quote:> Hi,

> This article seems to describe the problem you are experiencing:

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326262

> Leif

Problems while running /forestprep on new Exchange 2003 Install?

Post by Bobca » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 10:32:00

I've has exactly the same problem today, as I was working
on a test domain I did a little digging and found that I
had an orphaned domain. Check in AD Sites and Services. If
you find you've got an orphaned domain check the knowledge
base for - delete orphaned domain - I ended up having to
run ASDI Edit to clear mine but as soon as it had gone
Forestprep ran OK.

BOL

Bobcat

Problems while running /forestprep on new Exchange 2003 Install?

Post by Bobca » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 10:53:54

DOH - just read the first bit of your post so ignore my
last

Bobcat

Quote:>-----Original Message-----