How to get the MX record in exchagne2000

How to get the MX record in exchagne2000

Post by rick » Fri, 24 May 2002 20:09:20

I have an Exchange2000 setup. I would like to know how to
get the MX record. So then I could give it to my ISP.
Thanks in advance.

Ricky

How to get the MX record in exchagne2000

Post by Neil Hobso » Fri, 24 May 2002 20:11:41

It's your ISP that will create it for you.  Contact them and tell them you
need an MX record for your domain name, and they should be able to help.

--
Neil Hobson

Silversands
http://www.silversands.co.uk
Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
For Enterprise Systems
For Collaborative Solutions

Quote:> I have an Exchange2000 setup. I would like to know how to
> get the MX record. So then I could give it to my ISP.
> Thanks in advance.

> Ricky

How to get the MX record in exchagne2000

Post by VS » Fri, 24 May 2002 20:18:18

Actually, it is your ISP who has to set up the MX record on their DNS server
for you.

Intermedia.NET (VS)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications
MS Exchange Hosting: http://www.intermedia.net/exchangehosting
Windows 2000 Web Hosting: http://www.intermedia.net/webhosting
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

Quote:> I have an Exchange2000 setup. I would like to know how to
> get the MX record. So then I could give it to my ISP.
> Thanks in advance.

> Ricky

How to get the MX record in exchagne2000

Post by rick » Fri, 24 May 2002 20:26:01

Thanks alot. My next question would be can I used my local
domain, ex: rickydomain.com ?  Or I have to register one
in the public. I'm sorry for this stupid question. I'm new
in the Exchange world. Thanks alot.

Post by Neil Hobso » Fri, 24 May 2002 20:33:34

You could use the same domain name.  Your ISP will need to register the
domain name in public in order for other people to send you mail.