Service Pack 2 Failure

Post by Rob Coomb » Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I am trying to install Exchange Server SP2 and SP3 but get the following
error message while it's modifying the registry:

No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.
Microsoft Windows NT ID no: 0x0020534

Now while it says the upgrade failed, the version shows Service Pack 2 has
been installed.

Installing Service Pack 3 then gives me this error:
This version of Exchange Setup can only upgrade servers that are 4.0a/SP2.

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue?  I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Rob Coombe

Post by Bruce N. Wheeloc » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I am trying to install Exchange Server SP2 and SP3 but get the following
> error message while it's modifying the registry:

> No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.
> Microsoft Windows NT ID no: 0x0020534

> Now while it says the upgrade failed, the version shows Service Pack 2 has
> been installed.

> Installing Service Pack 3 then gives me this error:
> This version of Exchange Setup can only upgrade servers that are 4.0a/SP2.

> Can anyone help me to resolve this issue?  I'd appreciate any help.

> Thanks,

> Rob Coombe

When setup fails before completion, a variety of important registry keys are
not created and set. Among them is a key indicating the latest version
installed.

Is the server you're installing the first server in a site, or are you joining
a site? If joining, what versions are already in the site?

/Bruce N. Wheelock/ [using Windows 95+]
*** ClubWin Member ***
Opinions and information are solely my responsibility and not those of my
employer.

Service Pack 2 Failure

Post by Bob » Thu, 13 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> > Hi,

> > I am trying to install Exchange Server SP2 and SP3 but get the following
> > error message while it's modifying the registry:

> > No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.
> > Microsoft Windows NT ID no: 0x0020534

> > Now while it says the upgrade failed, the version shows Service Pack 2 has
> > been installed.

> > Installing Service Pack 3 then gives me this error:
> > This version of Exchange Setup can only upgrade servers that are 4.0a/SP2.

> > Can anyone help me to resolve this issue?  I'd appreciate any help.

> > Thanks,

> > Rob Coombe

> When setup fails before completion, a variety of important registry keys are
> not created and set. Among them is a key indicating the latest version
> installed.

> Is the server you're installing the first server in a site, or are you joining
> a site? If joining, what versions are already in the site?

> /Bruce N. Wheelock/ [using Windows 95+]
> *** ClubWin Member ***
> Opinions and information are solely my responsibility and not those of my
> employer.

Bruce,

I am having a similar problem with Service Pack 3. I didn't get an
errors with Service Pack 2, seemed to install smoothly. I have 2 other
Exchange Servers running Service Pack 3, however they are both DEC
Alpha's and the system I am having the problem with is a Dual Processor
Pentium. I am only trying to install the Exchange Admin program on the
Intel Box though, not the full server.

Service Pack 2 Failure

Post by Rob Coomb » Thu, 13 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> > Hi,

> > I am trying to install Exchange Server SP2 and SP3 but get the following
> > error message while it's modifying the registry:

> > No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.
> > Microsoft Windows NT ID no: 0x0020534

> > Now while it says the upgrade failed, the version shows Service Pack 2 has
> > been installed.

> > Installing Service Pack 3 then gives me this error:
> > This version of Exchange Setup can only upgrade servers that are 4.0a/SP2.

> > Can anyone help me to resolve this issue?  I'd appreciate any help.

> > Thanks,

> > Rob Coombe

> When setup fails before completion, a variety of important registry keys are
> not created and set. Among them is a key indicating the latest version
> installed.

> Is the server you're installing the first server in a site, or are you joining
> a site? If joining, what versions are already in the site?

> /Bruce N. Wheelock/ [using Windows 95+]
> *** ClubWin Member ***
> Opinions and information are solely my responsibility and not those of my
> employer.Bruce,

Thanks for your reply.

My Exchange Server (version 4.0)is the only Exchange Server at the site. It
is also a Backup Domain Controller.  I have 2 Servers, both running NT 3.51 /
SP5.  I assume that I have to change some Registry values, but I'm not sure
which ones.

Thanks,

Rob

1. Service Pack 4 failure to Upgrade properly

Updated original install of Exchange 5.5 to SP4. Under
help version number is 4.

In the Admin program it says it is Version 1.

SMTP could not be loaded until I changed the version
number in raw mode to the new file.

Now when I try to change email addresses it says
pcproxy.dll is the incorrect version number. Anyone any
ideas how to fix this?

It's quite urgent.

Thank you

2. exchange maintenance

3. To Service Pack or not to Service Pack

4. Outlook Extremely Slow

5. Ex;change service pack and NT service pack

6. Exporting User Names and email addresses

7. OWA language pack and service pack

8. Moving Exchange 5.5 PDC to a new hardware

9. language packs and service pack 2

10. Service Pack 1 SP1 Outlook Web Access OWA Service

11. Service Pack 1 and Services

12. Service Pack 1 SP1 Outlook Web Access OWA Service Unavailable

13. IIS admin service crashing on Exchange 2000 service pack 3