Setup error - services not starting

Post by KathyBab » Tue, 16 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to install Exchange Server connecting to an existing Exchange
Server, but am getting the following error - ID#Oxc00204ld.  Event log reads
"the Microsoft Exchange Information Directory service which failed to start
because of the following error:
The operation completed successfully.

Same error for the Exchange Transfer Agent.

I'd appreciate any help with this.  Thanks.

Kathy

Setup error - services not starting

Post by Amiri Jone » Tue, 16 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I am trying to install Exchange Server connecting to an existing Exchange
> Server, but am getting the following error - ID#Oxc00204ld.  Event log
reads
> "the Microsoft Exchange Information Directory service which failed to
start
> because of the following error:
> The operation completed successfully.

> Same error for the Exchange Transfer Agent.

        Did you change the password on the Service Account, by any chance?

1. Exchange 5.5 Setup Error - "Exchange Directory service - service did not respond

Anyone seen this error:

        While attempting to start the Microsoft Exchange Directory
service, the following error was        encountered:
        The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
timely fashion.
        Microsoft Windows NT
        ID no:  0xc002041d

This happens during the installation.  The other Exchange services seem
to start OK.  Config: NT 4.0 Server SP3.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Please post to this newsgroup and

Thanks,

Greg Heis

2. Host 2 domain in 1 exchange server

3. Esxchange directory service will not start at setup

4. Admin Gonzo

5. Echange Setup error 1068 starting services

6. Help!!! About CDONTS

7. Exchange Directory Service doesn't start during setup - Setup aborts

8. Moving Exchange 2000 server toa new platform

9. Exchange services do not start. Error message

10. Error: Could not start Microsoft Exchange Directory service

11. Could not start the Net Logon service on \\servername error 0005: Access is deni

12. IS Service not starting, error 2147746063

13. Error 1067 Could Not Start The Microsoft Exchange Directory Service