POP3 Problem

Post by Mike Tissingto » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

3 machines running W2K 2195 all part of the same domain setup as follows:-
1 machine Server - Active Directory and IIS
1 machine Server - Exchange 5.5 and SP3 (2 Recepiants 'Administrator' and 'mike'
1 machine Professional Workstation & Outlook 2000 configured with POP3

I can log on to the workstation as either Administrator or mike.
I can send mail to both Administrator or mike.

From the workstation I can successsfully retrieve mail from Administrator however when I try to retrieve mail from mike I can't log on to POP3 and I get an entry in the Event log saying the mail box is not available on the server.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

--
Mike Tissington, MCSD
http://www.oaklodge.com

POP3 Problem

Post by Mike Tissingto » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

3 machines running W2K 2195 all part of the same domain setup as follows:-
1 machine Server - Active Directory and IIS
1 machine Server - Exchange 5.5 and SP3 (2 Recepiants 'Administrator' and 'mike'
1 machine Professional Workstation & Outlook 2000 configured with POP3

I can log on to the workstation as either Administrator or mike.
I can send mail to both Administrator or mike.

From the workstation I can successsfully retrieve mail from Administrator however when I try to retrieve mail from mike I can't log on to POP3 and I get an entry in the Event log saying the mail box is not available on the server.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

--
Mike Tissington, MCSD
http://www.oaklodge.com

--
Mike Tissington, MCSD
http://www.oaklodge.com

POP3 Problem

Post by John D. Gwinne » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Mike:

  I don't have an answer, but just wondering if you figured it out ..

        == John ==

  3 machines running W2K 2195 all part of the same domain setup as follows:-
  1 machine Server - Active Directory and IIS
  1 machine Server - Exchange 5.5 and SP3 (2 Recepiants 'Administrator' and 'mike'
  1 machine Professional Workstation & Outlook 2000 configured with POP3

  I can log on to the workstation as either Administrator or mike.
  I can send mail to both Administrator or mike.

  From the workstation I can successsfully retrieve mail from Administrator however when I try to retrieve mail from mike I can't log on to POP3 and I get an entry in the Event log saying the mail box is not available on the server.

  What am I missing?

  Thanks!

  --
  Mike Tissington, MCSD
  http://www.oaklodge.com

POP3 Problem

Post by terry lewi » Tue, 01 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi Mike,
    See http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q161/1/18.asp
Chances are you need to configure your pop3 account with domain\username\mailbox per the KB article. If this doesn't help, let me know.
terry

  3 machines running W2K 2195 all part of the same domain setup as follows:-
  1 machine Server - Active Directory and IIS
  1 machine Server - Exchange 5.5 and SP3 (2 Recepiants 'Administrator' and 'mike'
  1 machine Professional Workstation & Outlook 2000 configured with POP3

  I can log on to the workstation as either Administrator or mike.
  I can send mail to both Administrator or mike.

  From the workstation I can successsfully retrieve mail from Administrator however when I try to retrieve mail from mike I can't log on to POP3 and I get an entry in the Event log saying the mail box is not available on the server.

  What am I missing?

  Thanks!

  --
  Mike Tissington, MCSD
  http://www.oaklodge.com

1. Exchange 2000 POP3 problem using TOP command and one other problem

I have no problem opening multiple sessions on port 110 to the same
mailbox. Even with a MAPI session already opened on the same mailbox.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

2. Exchange ports usage ??