New Domain, New Server, New Exhange version

New Domain, New Server, New Exhange version

Post by Paul Wels » Wed, 07 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi

I expect this question is asked time after time, but here goes.

We currently have Exchange 5.0 Server, single site, single server.  We wish
to set up a new Exchange 5.5 Server on a new NT Domain and migrate our
mailboxes to it, then take down the Exchange 5.0 server.

I've looked in Technet and I reckon the way to go is:

1. Upgrade current 5.0 server to 5.5 SP 2.
2. Install new server with 5.5 SP 2.
3. Migrate mailboxes using the tool supplied with SP 2.

Any comments/suggestions?

If this is just too much hassle we could simply forget changing domain name,
add the new server to the existing organisation and migrate the mailboxes.

Thanks in advance

Paul

1. Moving Exchange to New Server, New Domain, New Site

I am consolidating three NT domains to one domain.  Before I arrived, things
were not standardized or even really setup properly (even the Exchange
server has a mispelled name "Exhange1" - no "c").  I have reduced us down to
one domain, but still need to move all the users' mailboxes off of the old
exchange server to a new server in the new domain.  I have not been able to
find any good references as to how to get all of the users' old email off
the old one to the new one.  The only solution I have come up with is going
to each user's desktop, adding a personal folder, switching profiles for the
new server, and then uploading the contents of the personal folder.  I would
really hate to have to do that since we have alot of users.  I already tried
using "alternate recipient", but I couldn't get it to work properly.  If
someone has done this before, please help me!

Thanks,
Brian R. Lawton

2. Removing the bell icon from Outlook Calendar

3. New server, New exchange version

4. "Check Names" on OWA 5.5

5. moving public folders to new server in new domain

6. moving exchange to new box

7. New E2K server in a new domain

8. Mac Outlook 2000 Beta

9. Moving Exchange server to new site + new domain [HELP]

10. Move private mailboxes to new server new domain

11. Need info on moving Exchange Server 5.5 to new domain as well as on new hardware

12. New installation , new domain

13. Adding a New Site/New Organization in a NT 4.0 Domain