How do I setup OMA?

Post by SmileyMcSmile » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 12:48:25

I have enabled the POP 3 windows Service, I have enabled the POP 3 virtual
server and enabled OMA in exchange?  AM I missing something?  Is there
something in IIS that I have to do?  I really want to get this going.
Please help.

How do I setup OMA?

Post by Ronny On » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 07:11:22

That's all you really need to do. The defaults should be adequate for
everything else.

What makes you think it's not working? It's really hard to help you when you
don't explain what your problem is.

Are you saying that you are getting an error?
Is your problem that you can't connect? or can't authenticate? or can't
access your Inbox? or what??
Are you even trying to hit the OMA site at all?
Are you really trying to say that you don't know how to hit the OMA site?
Do you even have a suitable mobile device you can use (or an emulator such
as Microsoft Mobile Explorer)?

Quote:> I have enabled the POP 3 windows Service, I have enabled the POP 3 virtual
> server and enabled OMA in exchange?  AM I missing something?  Is there
> something in IIS that I have to do?  I really want to get this going.
> Please help.

How do I setup OMA?

Post by Edog » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 09:21:05

> That's all you really need to do. The defaults should be adequate for
> everything else.

> What makes you think it's not working? It's really hard to help you when
you
> don't explain what your problem is.

> Are you saying that you are getting an error?
> Is your problem that you can't connect? or can't authenticate? or can't
> access your Inbox? or what??
> Are you even trying to hit the OMA site at all?
> Are you really trying to say that you don't know how to hit the OMA site?
> Do you even have a suitable mobile device you can use (or an emulator such
> as Microsoft Mobile Explorer)?

> > I have enabled the POP 3 windows Service, I have enabled the POP 3
virtual
> > server and enabled OMA in exchange?  AM I missing something?  Is there
> > something in IIS that I have to do?  I really want to get this going.
> > Please help.

IIS will have a new virtual directory listed as Exchange if you set it all
up correctly. All that is needed next is to point a browser at
http://yoursite.com/exchange and you will be prompted for login information.

Hope that helps.
Edog.

How do I setup OMA?

Post by Edog » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 09:24:50

> > That's all you really need to do. The defaults should be adequate for
> > everything else.

> > What makes you think it's not working? It's really hard to help you when
> you
> > don't explain what your problem is.

> > Are you saying that you are getting an error?
> > Is your problem that you can't connect? or can't authenticate? or can't
> > access your Inbox? or what??
> > Are you even trying to hit the OMA site at all?
> > Are you really trying to say that you don't know how to hit the OMA
site?
> > Do you even have a suitable mobile device you can use (or an emulator
such
> > as Microsoft Mobile Explorer)?

> > > I have enabled the POP 3 windows Service, I have enabled the POP 3
> virtual
> > > server and enabled OMA in exchange?  AM I missing something?  Is there
> > > something in IIS that I have to do?  I really want to get this going.
> > > Please help.

> IIS will have a new virtual directory listed as Exchange if you set it all
> up correctly. All that is needed next is to point a browser at
> http://yoursite.com/exchange and you will be prompted for login
information.

> Hope that helps.
> Edog.

Disregard...I misread your post and thought you were talking about OWA.
Sorry.

Edog

1. Setup OMA or MIServer

Hey all,

I just got a pocket pc phone edition and was looking into setting it up to
sych (with active sych) with my exchange server (Exchange 2000).  In doing
reasearch, I am seeing a lot about SSL, which I don't have.  Is there a way
to do it without SSL (like with Exchange 2003 and OMA) or is there a free
SSL certificate I can use?  Thanks a lot!

--Brent

2. How to "Connect As" in MS Exchange...

3. EX2003 RC1 OMA Setup Question

4. How to integrate the Windows Address Book (IE3.02) with the Exchange Address Book?

5. What is the purpose for setup exchange2k using commands setup /forestprep and setup /domainprep

6. OWA can't find inbox....

7. Information store corruption -- HELP!!!

8. Exchange 2003 OMA .net error on access

9. Exchange 2003 Beta 2 Server Error in /OMA

10. Exchange 2003 OMA