Exchange 2000 SP 3 Setup

Post by Paul » Sun, 22 Dec 2002 02:34:59

I was wondering if anybody can help me with this issue. I
am trying to install SP3 on my Exchange 2000 Server but I
get this message:

Multiple components cannot be assigned the requested action
(s) because:
- You must be at least an Exchange Full Administrator at
the Administrative Group level to run update. You must use
an account that has been granted the Exchange Full
Administrator role on the current administrative group, or
a higher-level role, using the Exchange Administrative
Delegation Wizard.
- Setup is unable to access the Windows 2000 Active
Directory.
- Failed to contact the Schema Master server for this
Active Directory forest.

I already verified the first option that my Administrator
account is part of the Exchange Full Administrator group.

I don't know where to go from here to verify or correct
the last 2 options.

Can somebody please help?

Thanks.

Exchange 2000 SP 3 Setup

Post by Marcelo Rahal Coutinh » Thu, 26 Dec 2002 06:36:35

This is DNS problem
the machine you are installing exchange must have on dns1, the ip adr of the
ad machine
regards and of course your dns must me set up.

Marcelo Rahal Coutinho
Supervisor de Suporte Tcnico
Advanced Technology Solutions do Brasil
55 (11) 3253 4343/ 55 (11) 9621 4026/ ICQ 26204351

Quote:> I was wondering if anybody can help me with this issue. I