Exchange error on 5.5

Post by John Piccarell » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I am receiving the following message in my event log,

An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality
Table (LTAB) index: 44,NT/MTA error code: 5. Comms error      5,
Bind error      5, Remote Server Name MIS05 [MAIN BASE 1 500 %10](14)

I am running Exchange 5.5
any help would be welcomed

1. Exchange 5.5 Web Access VBSCRIPT Error Exchange 5.5 Web VBSCRIPT Runtime Error Exchange 5.5 Web VBSCRIPT Runtime Error

Since installing Exchange 5.5, we are getting the following error when
trying to login to using the Outlook Web Access:

Microsoft VBSCRIPT Runtime Error:  800a03e3

unknown runtime error

/exchange/USA/lib/session.inc, Line 300

And another message that says that the Exchange Server is down or HTTP
is disabled.

A quick check on Knowledgebase says that this error means that you tried

to access a Mailbox that is non-existantent with a valid
Userid/Password. And then goes on to say that this is a known bug in 5.5

and a hotfix is available.  However, I don't believe that this is the
case as it even fails on the Administrator account.  Since it fails on
Administrator, I don't think it is a file access issue.    Also checked
HTTP Protocol in Exchange Administrator-- it is active.

Any ideas?

2. I would like to export my contact list to a PAB file

3. cc:Mail sync error in Exchange 5.5 Error ID: 14010

4. Error in Event Log

5. Exchange Move mailbox Error from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000

6. How to terminate spamming (with extreme prejudice)?

7. Exchange 2000 and exchange 5.5 directory synchronization error

8. Restoring a backup

9. Error messages upgrading exchange 5.0 to Exchange 5.5

10. Exchange 5.5 error on Exchange Event Service

11. Error messages upgrading exchange 5.0 to Exchange 5.5

12. Error 1067 : Exchange Server 5.5 upgrade from Small Bus server exchange 5.0

13. Error Upgrading exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000