Can send Internet E-mail through IMC, but cannot receive Internet E-mail

Post by Christopher W. Musgrov » Tue, 04 Feb 1997 04:00:00

All users trying to e-mail our site get an error message:

         Subject:               test
                Sent:           2/3/97 1:40:23 PM

                  The recipient name is not recognized
                  MSEXCH:IMC:Stevens International:STEVENS:WEBSERVER 3902 Host
Unknown

Can send Internet E-mail through IMC, but cannot receive Internet E-mail

Post by Zakki Ashshidiq » Tue, 04 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I got the opposite from your problem. When i send to another domain it got
error
"Recipient Not Found                      "
"MSEXCH:IMC:klcg:klcnet:KLCNET "

what's wrong ?

> All users trying to e-mail our site get an error message:

>    Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Post by Dennis Brazil [MV » Wed, 05 Feb 1997 04:00:00

You are forwarding to a host in yoru internet mail connector.  This host is
actually unknown.  Can you ping that actual server name?

try the IP Address specifically....

>All users trying to e-mail our site get an error message:

>    Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

--------------------------
The opinions expressed in this message are my own and do
not reflect the official views of NetiQ Corporation.

--------------------------
Dennis Brazil [MVP, MCP-Exchange]
Mgr, Technical Support

http://www.netiq.com
NetiQ Corporation
[Microsoft MVP]

Can send Internet E-mail through IMC, but cannot receive Internet E-mail

Post by Identity Withhel » Wed, 05 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Actually, I did an NSLOOKUP on his domain. It is hosted by computek.net (an
ISP here in Dallas with whom I have had bad experiences). There is no MX
record. I telnetted to one of the IP addresses listed for him (lucky guess)
and hit his IMC. Sent him a manually-entered message about what the problem
is.

> You are forwarding to a host in yoru internet mail connector.  This host
is
> actually unknown.  Can you ping that actual server name?

> try the IP Address specifically....

> >All users trying to e-mail our site get an error message:

> >       Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

1. cannot see internet email option in send and receive

Hi!

I have outlook2000 installed and I configured MsExchange Server and Internet
email services. When I open outlook and go to send/receive menu I don;t see
itnernet email service listed. Prior to this problem Outlook warned me of
some error with email service. I have removed internet service and installed
it again to no effect.
Any clue?

Regards
Shashank

2. Exchange 5.5 Evaluation

3. Cannot send or receive internet email

4. Script Agents

5. error 552

6. REPOST: Cannot send outbound internet email, able to receive

7. SP3 for ExchSer50.

8. Cannot send outbound internet email, able to receive

9. Can send Internet email, but can't receive incoming Inernet emails

10. Cannot send email with attachments to Internet email addresses

11. IMC and MS-Mail Connectors joined to send/receive to Internet

12. Can Send Mail with IMC but cannot receive mail