New exchange server problem

Post by Paul » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:26:07

Setting up a new exchange server (2000 SP3)on Win2K SP3.
AD is on Domain controller, Exchange server is member
server.
Setup is currently on it's own network - not live.
Set up went OK - forestprep, domainprep, install etc - all
OK.
Using ldifde to build up active directory/mailboxes ready
to swap out.
Exported/imported OU's OK - exported users to file OK -
can't import users to new AD :
"Add error on line 1:unwilling to perform.
The server side error is:"access to the attribute is not
permitted because the attribute is owned by the Security
Accounts Manager (SAM)".
How can I get around this? What am I doing wrong?
Using Q237677 as a guide.
Also, Exchange admin permissions not shown?

New exchange server problem

Post by Svend Peterse » Sat, 12 Apr 2003 15:29:23

Have you tried using CSVDE to create the accounts?
Does that give the same result?

What happens if you try to use LDIFDE to modify an already
existing account?

Can you give us a sample of the LDIFDE file?

Svend.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Setting up a new exchange server (2000 SP3)on Win2K SP3.
>AD is on Domain controller, Exchange server is member
>server.
>Setup is currently on it's own network - not live.
>Set up went OK - forestprep, domainprep, install etc -
all
>OK.
>Using ldifde to build up active directory/mailboxes ready
>to swap out.
>Exported/imported OU's OK - exported users to file OK -
>can't import users to new AD :
>"Add error on line 1:unwilling to perform.
>The server side error is:"access to the attribute is not
>permitted because the attribute is owned by the Security
>Accounts Manager (SAM)".
>How can I get around this? What am I doing wrong?
>Using Q237677 as a guide.
>Also, Exchange admin permissions not shown?

>.

1. Moving Exchange to New Server, New Domain, New Site

I am consolidating three NT domains to one domain.  Before I arrived, things
were not standardized or even really setup properly (even the Exchange
server has a mispelled name "Exhange1" - no "c").  I have reduced us down to
one domain, but still need to move all the users' mailboxes off of the old
exchange server to a new server in the new domain.  I have not been able to
find any good references as to how to get all of the users' old email off
the old one to the new one.  The only solution I have come up with is going
to each user's desktop, adding a personal folder, switching profiles for the
new server, and then uploading the contents of the personal folder.  I would
really hate to have to do that since we have alot of users.  I already tried
using "alternate recipient", but I couldn't get it to work properly.  If
someone has done this before, please help me!

Thanks,
Brian R. Lawton

2. Install of Exchange 2000 Removed my Prederred Newsgoup

3. Setup new Server w/MS Exchange Server 4.0 / transfer files from old to new

4. which features are not available with Win2000Server

5. Problem moving mailboxes from one server to a new server in the same site

6. How can I create server side rules?

7. Problems moving Exchange data to a new server with the same name

8. PUBLIC FOLDERS !!! ARE THEY LOST !!!

9. Logon problem after user moved to new Exchange 5.5 sp3 server

10. IMS problems on new exchange server

11. Exchange Server 5.5 / Innoculan Problem - all new accounts get old virused e-mail

12. Problem moving exchange to new server

13. Problems moving Exchange to new server