Outlook Web Access - How to install on second IIS Server

Outlook Web Access - How to install on second IIS Server

Post by Jim Johnsto » Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:00:00

On my internal LAN, I have an Exchange 5.5 SP2 server running IIS4.0 with
Outlook Web Access.  It works fine.  I built a new IIS 4.0 Server which will
be publicly accesible.  I need to know how I can host Outlook Web Access on
the new IIS server.

Do I have to install Exchange Server on the new IIS Server, or can I just
set the IIS Server up to host OWA for the current Exchange installation on
the Exchange Server?

Does anyone have any documentation on how to set this up?  All the KB's I
have found deal with troubleshooting OWA, or installing it on second sites
on the same server.

Thanks,
Jim

Outlook Web Access - How to install on second IIS Server

Post by Dan Sheeha » Sun, 12 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Run the Exchange server SETUP.EXE. Deselect everything under the custom
install except OWA. During the install process, Exchange will notice no
server running locally and will prompt you for the NetBios name of the
server to put it's claws into. :) After you are done, don't forget to
service pack OWA with the Exchange server SP. It is a part of the Exchange
Server after all.

That's all there is to it.

Dan Sheehan
MCSE.

Quote:> On my internal LAN, I have an Exchange 5.5 SP2 server running IIS4.0 with
> Outlook Web Access.  It works fine.  I built a new IIS 4.0 Server which
will
> be publicly accesible.  I need to know how I can host Outlook Web Access
on
> the new IIS server.

> Do I have to install Exchange Server on the new IIS Server, or can I just
> set the IIS Server up to host OWA for the current Exchange installation on
> the Exchange Server?

> Does anyone have any documentation on how to set this up?  All the KB's I
> have found deal with troubleshooting OWA, or installing it on second sites
> on the same server.

> Thanks,
> Jim

Outlook Web Access - How to install on second IIS Server

Post by Jim Johnsto » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Thanks.  That did it.
Jim

> Run the Exchange server SETUP.EXE. Deselect everything under the custom
> install except OWA. During the install process, Exchange will notice no
> server running locally and will prompt you for the NetBios name of the
> server to put it's claws into. :) After you are done, don't forget to
> service pack OWA with the Exchange server SP. It is a part of the Exchange
> Server after all.

> That's all there is to it.

> Dan Sheehan
> MCSE.

> > On my internal LAN, I have an Exchange 5.5 SP2 server running IIS4.0
with
> > Outlook Web Access.  It works fine.  I built a new IIS 4.0 Server which
> will
> > be publicly accesible.  I need to know how I can host Outlook Web Access
> on
> > the new IIS server.

> > Do I have to install Exchange Server on the new IIS Server, or can I
just
> > set the IIS Server up to host OWA for the current Exchange installation
on
> > the Exchange Server?

> > Does anyone have any documentation on how to set this up?  All the KB's
> > have found deal with troubleshooting OWA, or installing it on second
sites
> > on the same server.

> > Thanks,
> > Jim

1. Outlook Web Access - How to install on second IIS Server

On my internal LAN, I have an Exchange 5.5 SP2 server running IIS4.0 with
Outlook Web Access.  It works fine.  I built a new IIS 4.0 Server which will
be publicly accesible.  I need to know how I can host Outlook Web Access on
the new IIS server.

Do I have to install Exchange Server on the new IIS Server, or can I just
set the IIS Server up to host OWA for the current Exchange installation on
the Exchange Server?

Does anyone have any documentation on how to set this up?  All the KB's I
have found deal with troubleshooting OWA, or installing it on second sites
on the same server.

Thanks,
Jim

2. Automate Exmerge

3. Exchange Server 2000 and SQL Server 2000

4. How to install WEB access to MSX on the second server in the site

5. Unknow users writing Exchange Server 5.0 sp2

6. 'Unable to display folders' in public folders Exchange 5.5

7. Problem installing Outlook WEB Access (EXCH 5.5) and IIS 4.0 BETA3

8. Installing OWA 2000 on second IIS WEB Page

9. Outlook Web Access in Exchange 5.5 after Upgrading from IIS 3.0 to IIS 4.0