5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@anotherdomain.com

Post by Arlen Bake » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 15:40:09

I'm using Exchange 2000 Server with 1 virtual SMTP server.

My DNS has MX records installed for both domain.com and anotherdomain.com.

I get a NDR saying

Also, when I setup a mail-enabled contact to foward emails to

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@anotherdomain.com

Post by thom » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 20:52:31

create a recipiant policy for the other domain name to
alloww IIS to accept it as valid. I would strongly
recommend creating a new policy but you can add it to the
default policy as well. Warning: modifieng the default
policy can corrupt the Recipiant Update Service and cause
the possability for a reinstall or configuration change
such as swithching domain controllers or exchange servers
to use. Check the knowledge base for Recipiant Update
service or Recipiant policies.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I'm using Exchange 2000 Server with 1 virtual SMTP
server.

>My DNS has MX records installed for both domain.com and
anotherdomain.com.

>However, when I try to send an email to

>I get a NDR saying

>Also, when I setup a mail-enabled contact to foward
emails to

>Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

>.

1. Unable to relay for user@dom.com - user unknown

Running MS Exchange Server 5.5 for over 3 years now and occassionally it
starts rejecting valid Email addresses with, "Error 550 - Unable to

changed and the address in question is the same as it's been since the
server was installed.

Re-booting the server (sometimes it takes 3 times) has in the past
cleared the problem but lately the problem has been more persistent.

What causes this and how can we fix it and avoid it?

-Ken Winters

2. Outlook and Exchange/accessing the manager property

3. 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domain.com

4. Resource for existing applications?

5. 550 Unable to relay for user@domain.com

6. MAPI EVENT ID 9175