New E2K Installation with new Mailboxes not sending updates to 5.5 Server

New E2K Installation with new Mailboxes not sending updates to 5.5 Server

Post by LLN » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 01:32:27

We've created a new Exchange 2000 Administrative Group and
installed a New Exchange 2000 Server (NEWSERVER) to this
administrative group and added new mailboxes for this new
Exchange 2000 Server installation, new routing groups etc,
have been created.  I have one site (SiteA) that consists
of an Exchange 5.5 Server and an Exchange 2000 server.
The Exchange 2000 Server in SiteA is seeing the new
mailboxes from NEWSERVER, which is good, this means Active
Directory is working, however, the Exchange 5.5 Server in
SiteA is not seeing the new mailboxes.  As NEWSERVER was
not an upgrade or migration from a 5.5 site, I didn't
think I need to add a site replication service or
connection agreement.  What am I missing here?  Any
information would be greatly appreciated.

1. New E2K SP1 server not able to send to only one E2K SP1 domain

I have set up and configured an E2K SP1 server for a client.  Everything seems to be working, but they are not able to email my own company's domain.  The messages sit in the outbound queue and retry until they time out.  The error message is below.  Seems to point to a protocol time out.  My company can email in to their domain, but they cannot email back.  They are able to email other E2K domain that I've set up.  I've tried adding external DNS entries in the SMTP virtual server, but messages still error out.  Not sure if it's relevant, but the client network is behind a Raptor 6.5 firewall, which apparently proxies (before they were using Exch 5.5 with no problems emailing us).