Demote Domain Exchange 2000 Server, add to other domain Exchange 2000 Server

Demote Domain Exchange 2000 Server, add to other domain Exchange 2000 Server

Post by Harm Bouwma » Thu, 19 Dec 2002 19:11:35

Hi,

I have two Windows 2000 Server SP3 and Exchange 2000 Server SP2.
Now known as Server1 and Server2
Both servers have different domains.
I want to demote Server1 as domain server.
I want to add Server1 (Now Member server) to Domain at Server2
For Exchange 2000 I run /ForestPrep and /DomainPrep.
I run /DisasterRecovery.
The Mailbox and Main Public folders are on the same on both Exchange
servers.
The Organization and Administrative Groups are the same on both machines.
I want to synchronize database and Public folders on Server1 to Server2

The problem I notice is that after a ForestPrep and DomainPrep I can see
both servers in the Exchange Manager, But I can not see the Public folders
on Server1 anymore.

Also during a DisasterRecovery I get a error during update Microsoft
Collaboration services. Known as error 0x80050000

When I get This error I can't Change, update or Delete my Exchange 2000 on
Server1.

Does anybody know How I can solve this problem, by not reinstall my entire
server1.

Regards,

Harm Bouwman