Exchange 2003 POP3 and OMA HELP!

Post by SmileyMcSmile » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 07:09:59

I want to build a test Windows 2003 & Exchange 2003 w/ OMA all on the same
box.  Is there anything in particular that I need to do.  I know that I need
IIS w/ NNTP, SMTP and ASP.net installed on the W2K3 box.  Forest prep and
domain prep also need to run.  All that I am looking for is to setup is POP3
and OMA.  Can someone help?

Exchange 2003 POP3 and OMA HELP!

Post by Ronny On » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 08:48:29

What exactly is your question? It sounds like you've read enough to know the
basic prerequisites. You just need to enable the POP3 service in the Windows
Services snap-in (it installs Disabled by default) before you can start the
Default POP3 Virtual Server in Exchange System Manager. Also, OMA is
disabled by default. You can enable that in System Manager with the checkbox
on the bottom of the General tab in Mobile Services Properties.

Quote:> I want to build a test Windows 2003 & Exchange 2003 w/ OMA all on the same
> box.  Is there anything in particular that I need to do.  I know that I
need
> IIS w/ NNTP, SMTP and ASP.net installed on the W2K3 box.  Forest prep and
> domain prep also need to run.  All that I am looking for is to setup is
POP3
> and OMA.  Can someone help?

Exchange 2003 POP3 and OMA HELP!

Post by Gary McDonnel » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 12:27:48

Note that after the installation you'll need to go to the Services applet
and change the POP3 service from Disabled to Automatic start, then start it
or reboot the system.

Gary McDonnell
http://turbogeeks.com

I want to build a test Windows 2003 & Exchange 2003 w/ OMA all on the same
box.  Is there anything in particular that I need to do.  I know that I need
IIS w/ NNTP, SMTP and ASP.net installed on the W2K3 box.  Forest prep and
domain prep also need to run.  All that I am looking for is to setup is POP3
and OMA.  Can someone help?

Exchange 2003 POP3 and OMA HELP!

Post by <thom_.. » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 21:25:21

What are you having trouble with? Make sure you have good
network connectivty to all DC's as well and they are
replicating with no error's. Firewall's need to be open
on 110, 80 or/and 443 if SSL-OWA. Let me know if you have
a specific problem.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I want to build a test Windows 2003 & Exchange 2003 w/
OMA all on the same
>box.  Is there anything in particular that I need to

do.  I know that I need
Quote:>IIS w/ NNTP, SMTP and ASP.net installed on the W2K3

box.  Forest prep and
Quote:>domain prep also need to run.  All that I am looking for
is to setup is POP3
>and OMA.  Can someone help?

>.

1. Exchange 2003 OMA .net error on access

When I try to connect with a wireless device to
http://localhost/oma i get the following error:

Server Error in '/OMA' Application.
Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\
v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\oma\55aaeb43\5ef66257
is denied.

This preventing me from testing Outlook Mobile Access from
my clients. I have tried giving access as IUSR and ASP
user but this has not resolved the issue.

Does Anyone know what could be the cause of this???

2. How do I enable Exchange over the Internet?

3. Exchange 2003 Beta 2 Server Error in /OMA

4. Automatically printing from a Public folder

5. Exchange 2003 OMA

6. Version Screw-Up: OLEMSG32.DLL

7. Running OMA and OWA on IIS - Exchange 2003 - Question

8. Help PLease

9. Exchange 2003 OMA error..where to start?

10. Remove Exchange 2003 Error 80005000 with ActiveSync and OMA Browse (Mess&CollS)

11. Exchange 2003 OMA and AUX domain?

12. Exchange 2003 RC1 and OMA

13. Problem accessing OMA in Exchange 2003 RC1