UpdateFB.exe and "Unable to update public free/busy data"

UpdateFB.exe and "Unable to update public free/busy data"

Post by Richar » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 23:34:42

Hi all,

Could anybody help me, I have been looking for this UpdateFB.exe or the
CPPCDO file as shown in Knowledge Base article 294282, but can't find it any
where.

I have got stuck and I think this is the only thing that might help....
Unless someone has any other idea.....

I have migrated from 5.5 to 2000 and the Schedule+ Free Busy folder is in
the system folders but the users can't see any information when trying to
book meetings with each other. And the users are getting pissed off with the
"Unable to update public free/busy data" message.

thanks in advanced

Richard

UpdateFB.exe and "Unable to update public free/busy data"

Post by Melissa Travers [MSFT » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 00:45:01

Hi Richard,

The updatefb.exe will not likely fix this.  This can have several causes

First check in ADSI edit to verify that we are not still pointed to the 5.5
server as the site folder server

284200.KB.EN-US XADM: Schedule+ Free/Busy System Folder Is Missing
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;284200

Also check this one as well to see if the legacyexchangedn is in capital
letters.

286783.KB.EN-US XADM: Error Message Updating Free and Busy Data in Exchange
2000 Server

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;286783

Also confirm that a replica of the Schedule+ Free/Busy folder is on this
server

Hope this helps
--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Quote:> Hi all,

> Could anybody help me, I have been looking for this UpdateFB.exe or the
> CPPCDO file as shown in Knowledge Base article 294282, but can't find it
any
> where.

> I have got stuck and I think this is the only thing that might help....
> Unless someone has any other idea.....

> I have migrated from 5.5 to 2000 and the Schedule+ Free Busy folder is in
> the system folders but the users can't see any information when trying to
> book meetings with each other. And the users are getting pissed off with
the
> "Unable to update public free/busy data" message.

> thanks in advanced

> Richard

UpdateFB.exe and "Unable to update public free/busy data"

Post by Richar » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 01:05:44

Melissa
 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;284200
seem to have worked.

thanks again.
Richard

> Hi Richard,

> The updatefb.exe will not likely fix this.  This can have several causes

> First check in ADSI edit to verify that we are not still pointed to the
5.5
> server as the site folder server

> 284200.KB.EN-US XADM: Schedule+ Free/Busy System Folder Is Missing
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;284200

> Also check this one as well to see if the legacyexchangedn is in capital
> letters.

> 286783.KB.EN-US XADM: Error Message Updating Free and Busy Data in
Exchange
> 2000 Server

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;286783

> Also confirm that a replica of the Schedule+ Free/Busy folder is on this
> server

> Hope this helps
> --
> Melissa Travers, MCSE
> Microsoft Exchange Support

> Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup
> purposes only.

rights.

> > Hi all,

> > Could anybody help me, I have been looking for this UpdateFB.exe or the
> > CPPCDO file as shown in Knowledge Base article 294282, but can't find it
> any
> > where.

> > I have got stuck and I think this is the only thing that might help....
> > Unless someone has any other idea.....

> > I have migrated from 5.5 to 2000 and the Schedule+ Free Busy folder is
in
> > the system folders but the users can't see any information when trying
> > book meetings with each other. And the users are getting pissed off with
> the
> > "Unable to update public free/busy data" message.

> > thanks in advanced

> > Richard

UpdateFB.exe and "Unable to update public free/busy data"

Post by Melissa Travers [MSFT » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 06:54:09

Sure, glad I was able to help.

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

> Melissa
>  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;284200
> seem to have worked.

> thanks again.
> Richard

> > Hi Richard,

> > The updatefb.exe will not likely fix this.  This can have several causes

> > First check in ADSI edit to verify that we are not still pointed to the
> 5.5
> > server as the site folder server

> > 284200.KB.EN-US XADM: Schedule+ Free/Busy System Folder Is Missing
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;284200

> > Also check this one as well to see if the legacyexchangedn is in capital
> > letters.

> > 286783.KB.EN-US XADM: Error Message Updating Free and Busy Data in
> Exchange
> > 2000 Server

> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;286783

> > Also confirm that a replica of the Schedule+ Free/Busy folder is on this
> > server

> > Hope this helps
> > --
> > Melissa Travers, MCSE
> > Microsoft Exchange Support

> > Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup
> > purposes only.

> rights.

> > > Hi all,

> > > Could anybody help me, I have been looking for this UpdateFB.exe or
the
> > > CPPCDO file as shown in Knowledge Base article 294282, but can't find
it
> > any
> > > where.

> > > I have got stuck and I think this is the only thing that might
help....
> > > Unless someone has any other idea.....

> > > I have migrated from 5.5 to 2000 and the Schedule+ Free Busy folder is
> in
> > > the system folders but the users can't see any information when trying
> > > book meetings with each other. And the users are getting pissed off
with
> > the
> > > "Unable to update public free/busy data" message.

> > > thanks in advanced

> > > Richard

1. UpdateFB.exe and "Unable to update public free/busy data"

Hi all,

Could anybody help me, I have been looking for this UpdateFB.exe or the
CPPCDO file as shown in Knowledge Base article 294282, but can't find it any
where.

I have got stuck and I think this is the only thing that might help....
Unless someone has any other idea.....

I have migrated from 5.5 to 2000 and the Schedule+ Free Busy folder is in
the system folders but the users can't see any information when trying to
book meetings with each other. And the users are getting pissed off with the
"Unable to update public free/busy data" message.

thanks in advanced

Richard

2. Outlook2K SMTP

3. Limits on attachment sizes Exchange 5.5 Nt4

4. "unable to update public free/busy"

5. Adding a Disclaimer to messages

6. forwarding a copy of a send item folder to administrator mailbox

7. Need Updatefb.exe to recreate Free/Busy Data

8. Unable to update public free/busy data

9. Unable to update public free/busy data.

10. Unable to update public free/busy data