Hosting two exchange 2000 servers in a single windows 2000 domain

Hosting two exchange 2000 servers in a single windows 2000 domain

Post by Hariha » Thu, 27 Mar 2003 23:23:36

Hi,

I have one exchange 2000 server in the presenet windows
domain. I want to add one more exchange 2000 server to the
existing one in the same domain. Mainly am looking for the
avalability of the mail service even if one of the mail
server down.

Can you please help me for getting the solution on the
above requirement.

Post by Cary Shult » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 07:26:27

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>I have one exchange 2000 server in the presenet windows
>domain. I want to add one more exchange 2000 server to
the
>existing one in the same domain. Mainly am looking for
the
>avalability of the mail service even if one of the mail
>server down.

>Can you please help me for getting the solution on the
>above requirement.
>.

Harihar,

I would look at clustering!  But you need Windows 2000
Advanced Server or DataCenter Server for that to be an
option.

HTH,

Cary

Hosting two exchange 2000 servers in a single windows 2000 domain

Post by Allan L » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 18:27:27

Hi,

Take a look at this white paper and refer to the section on stand by
recovery servers.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326052

Cheers
Allan L.

Quote:> Hi,

> I have one exchange 2000 server in the presenet windows
> domain. I want to add one more exchange 2000 server to the
> existing one in the same domain. Mainly am looking for the
> avalability of the mail service even if one of the mail
> server down.

> Can you please help me for getting the solution on the
> above requirement.

Hosting two exchange 2000 servers in a single windows 2000 domain

Post by Hariha » Sat, 29 Mar 2003 15:39:09

Hi Allan,

Thanks for the reply I will check for this document and
inform you about the status.

Thanks,
Harihar

us;326052

>Cheers
>Allan L.

>> Hi,

>> I have one exchange 2000 server in the presenet windows
>> domain. I want to add one more exchange 2000 server to
the
>> existing one in the same domain. Mainly am looking for
the
>> avalability of the mail service even if one of the mail
>> server down.

>> Can you please help me for getting the solution on the
>> above requirement.

>.

Hosting two exchange 2000 servers in a single windows 2000 domain

Post by Hariha » Sat, 29 Mar 2003 16:58:39

Cary,

Thanks for the reply, but I have windows 2000 server only.
Please let me know if there is any option for windows 2000
server.

Thanks,
Harihar

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

1. Using Exchange 5.5 server in a single Windows 2000 native mode domain

Hi there,

We are using 2 Exchange 5.5 servers (in two separate
sites) in a single Windows 2000 Domain (currently in mixed
mode).

I am due to upgrade the last NT4 BDC to Windows 2000 and
convert the domain to Native Mode, but I've heard scare
stories that Exchange 5.5 cannot function in a Windows
2000 Native Mode domain. We are using both WINS and DNS
for name resolution.

Can someone please confirm or deny this for me?
Many thanks,
David.

2. Restore from PST

3. Upgrade Windows 2000 With Exchange 2000 to Windows 2000 Advanced Server

4. HELP!

5. Move from NT domain with Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2000 domain with Exchange 2000

6. How to create HTML email using CDO from VB/VBScript

7. Exchange 2000 server for multiple Windows 2000 domains

8. Adding disclaimers to INTERNAL-only email

9. Exchange Server Beta 3 and Windows 2000 RC3 or Windows 2000 final release

10. Demote Domain Exchange 2000 Server, add to other domain Exchange 2000 Server

11. Need help Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 server (2nd domain controller on domain)

12. Hosting 2 domains on one Exchange 2000 Server

13. Hosting Multiple SMTP Domains on your Exchange 2000 Server