Internal mail "disappears" SBS 2000 and Outlook XP clients

Internal mail "disappears" SBS 2000 and Outlook XP clients

Post by newsblok » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 19:55:02

This is the 1st Exchange server config I've done - I've taken over from
someone.

My client has a domain (say) fred.com but the person who set up active
directory called the internal domain (say) george.com
External mail is sent no problem and is simply picked up from the POP3 boxes
at the ISP no problem.

Internal mail "disappears". I cannot see it in the queue, but there does
seem to be an increasing number of items in the personal folders for the
staff. However, the mail never arrives in Outlook. I think there must just
be a simple switch to flick in order to empty the virtual pop3 boxes into
Outlook.

Any help appreciated

Pete

--
Please change my e-mail address if you want to write directly.

1. Internal mail "disappears" Exchange (SBS 2000) and Outlook XP

Internal mail "disappears" Exchange (SBS 2000) and Outlook XP
(Question previously posted to microsoft.public.exchange.setup)

This is the 1st Exchange server config I've done - I've taken over from
someone.

My client has a domain (say) fred.com but the person who set up active
directory called the internal domain (say) george.com

george.com is not a real registered domain and internet connection is via
dynamic IP.

External mail is sent no problem and is simply picked up from the POP3 boxes
at the ISP no problem.

Internal mail "disappears". I cannot see it in the queue, but there does
seem to be an increasing number of items in the personal folders for the
staff. However, the mail never arrives in Outlook. I think there must just
be a simple switch to flick in order to empty the virtual pop3 boxes into
Outlook.

I have seen similar problems in my searches of the web - but no solutions.

Any help appreciated

Pete

--
Please change my e-mail address if you want to write directly.

--
Please change my e-mail address if you want to write directly. Newsbloke

work

2. AOL Users

3. Please Help""""""""""""""

4. User32.dll

5. Outlook Special folder "Notes" disappeared

6. Create email alias for users?

7. Re-post "e-mail disappearing"

8. Can't clear user form default

9. internal/external "E-Mail" and exchange

10. Outlook XP clients work Outlook 2000 "No transport"

11. "Server Execution Failed" for Outlook client

12. "Enter Password" dialog - Outlook/Exchange 2000

13. Exchange/Outlook 2000 "anonymous" public folder