Getting Rid of a Newsgroup/Newsfeed

Post by Richard A. McBrid » Sun, 15 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I really did it this time. I added the MS Newsgroups to my Exchange Server
public folders. I was just fooing around. Now I cannot delete them. I tried
the newsgroup heirarchy thing, but it didn't even show them. I tried
removing the newsfeed connector, but even after that the groups stayed
visible in my Internet Newsgroups folder. I want to get rid of them.

Help!!

--
Richard A. McBride, MCSE
ClubWin, ClubIE, MS Beta ID 115037

Getting Rid of a Newsgroup/Newsfeed

Post by Richard A. McBrid » Sun, 15 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Thanks, Rich. That seemed too simple. As a security issue, I would assume
that those people who don't "own" these groups cannot delete them.

The more I look at Exchange Server, the more I am getting to like it.
Another question though. Do you have any thoughts about NNTP on Exchange
Server versus NNTP on IIS 4.0?

Richard

>>I really did it this time. I added the MS Newsgroups to my Exchange Server
>>public folders. I was just fooing around. Now I cannot delete them. I
tried
>>the newsgroup heirarchy thing, but it didn't even show them. I tried
>>removing the newsfeed connector, but even after that the groups stayed
>>visible in my Internet Newsgroups folder. I want to get rid of them.

>Remove them the same way you'd remove any Public Folder: use either an
>Outlook or Exchange client.

>Richard Matheisen                           Wang Laboratories
>Microsoft Certified System Engineer         Tewksbury, MA USA

Getting Rid of a Newsgroup/Newsfeed

Post by Rich Matheis » Mon, 16 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I really did it this time. I added the MS Newsgroups to my Exchange Server
>public folders. I was just fooing around. Now I cannot delete them. I tried
>the newsgroup heirarchy thing, but it didn't even show them. I tried
>removing the newsfeed connector, but even after that the groups stayed
>visible in my Internet Newsgroups folder. I want to get rid of them.

Remove them the same way you'd remove any Public Folder: use either an
Outlook or Exchange client.

Getting Rid of a Newsgroup/Newsfeed

Post by Rich Matheis » Tue, 17 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Thanks, Rich. That seemed too simple. As a security issue, I would assume
>that those people who don't "own" these groups cannot delete them.

That's correct.

Quote:>The more I look at Exchange Server, the more I am getting to like it.
>Another question though. Do you have any thoughts about NNTP on Exchange
>Server versus NNTP on IIS 4.0?

No, at least not yet.

1. Getting rid of newsgroup folders

I have Exchange server 5.5 (trial version) working in a testing environment
and installed the newsserver (using msnews.microsoft.com) newsfeed.
My problem now is I can't get rid of it.  All of the folders in my public
folders section refuse to be deleted.  When I select them there is no delete
option and when I select the group and get the delete option, the advice box
comes up and says "That object no longer exists"
Thanks in advance for the help.

Rod

2. Can a second exchange be setup in the same network?

3. Can't get rid of the Internet Newsgroups public folder

4. How to setup Exchange 5.5 IMC authentication

5. how to get rid of Newsgroups from Exchange

6. Exchange hosed after server restore

7. Can't get rid of newsgroups

8. 2 internet mail servers in the same domain

9. Can't get rid of the Internet Newsgroups public folder

10. Getting rid of Exchange 5.5 Bridgehead