New server, New exchange version

Post by Paul » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have what is hopefully a quick and painless question.  We currently have
Exchange 5 (Small Business Server 4) running on a pentium 133, and we just
purchased a Dual p3 450 server with NT4 and Exchange 5.5 sp2. How would we
go about moving the mailboxes and the public and private information stores
to the new server?  I currenly have people running with new mailboxes, but
they would like their old information also.

Paul

New server, New exchange version

Post by Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

This method may work for you:

http://www.swinc.com/resource/^exch_faq.htm#AppendixA
Appendix A - The Ed Crowley Server Move Method

Hal

http://home.nbcin.com -- NBC Interactive Neighborhood
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   NBC-IN

> I have what is hopefully a quick and painless question.  We currently have
> Exchange 5 (Small Business Server 4) running on a pentium 133, and we just
> purchased a Dual p3 450 server with NT4 and Exchange 5.5 sp2. How would we
> go about moving the mailboxes and the public and private information
stores
> to the new server?  I currenly have people running with new mailboxes, but
> they would like their old information also.

> Paul

1. New Domain, New Server, New Exhange version

Hi

I expect this question is asked time after time, but here goes.

We currently have Exchange 5.0 Server, single site, single server.  We wish
to set up a new Exchange 5.5 Server on a new NT Domain and migrate our
mailboxes to it, then take down the Exchange 5.0 server.

I've looked in Technet and I reckon the way to go is:

1. Upgrade current 5.0 server to 5.5 SP 2.
2. Install new server with 5.5 SP 2.
3. Migrate mailboxes using the tool supplied with SP 2.

Any comments/suggestions?

If this is just too much hassle we could simply forget changing domain name,
add the new server to the existing organisation and migrate the mailboxes.

Thanks in advance

Paul

2. Attachments in Mail.

3. Moving Exchange to New Server, New Domain, New Site

4. Internet Standard For E-Mail Addresses

5. Setup new Server w/MS Exchange Server 4.0 / transfer files from old to new

6. ASP Exchange server and firewall troubles...Has anyone actually ever made this work?

7. Moving Exchange to new site/server/version

8. Attachment Search/Cleardown

9. New Version of Exchange Server ?'s

10. After Server move to new Site - Server shows in old and new site

11. Moving mailboxes from an old server to a new server in a new site

12. Help needed with Exchange on new 2K advanced server in new forest Pleaseeee

13. Customize new Note(new Mail) in a outlook through Exchange Server