Moving ALL the data from E2k to a new E2k server

Moving ALL the data from E2k to a new E2k server

Post by Thomas Bj?lkenfal » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 21:23:41

Hi !
I am tired of my old server and have purchased a new one. I have done a
fresh install on the new server and the Exchange works fine.
But I cant take away my old server, if I do so the new servers Exchange
services doesnt start.

How do I move all the data and make myself undependent of the old one ?
Does anyone have a nice little doc describing this procedure for me ?
please mail me your comments aswell...

ps. I have allready moved all the mailboxes and the public folders. I dont
know how to move the Schedule +Free/busy folder though..

regards
Thomas Bj?lkenfalk

1. Migrating E2K to New E2K server with new name

I assume this is a simple migration but can't find a resource to tell me how
to go about it.

Situation:
Existing Exchange 2000 server - AD activated - name:xxx-mail

Want to move to completely new new win2k server, named xxx-svr3 which is
intergrated into the AD.

Now how do I do it?

-tim

2. MS Mail server with Exchange Server 5.5

3. move e2k to new e2k

4. Help with the toolbar

5. Migrate E2K to new E2K Server

6. File is use by another application

7. New E2K SP1 server not able to send to only one E2K SP1 domain

8. IMC Woes! Exch 5.5

9. Install a new e2k server to replace the first one in E2k mixed mode environment

10. Move a E2K SP1 server to a new server

11. How 2 move E2K to new server

12. Move a E2K SP1 to a new server