Exchange 5.5 and Active Directory Connector

Exchange 5.5 and Active Directory Connector

Post by Alia » Wed, 01 Aug 2001 21:28:07

I have a test domain setup with domain 2000 and exchange
5.5 I have read in book that I have install the ADC.
Can please tell me where do I get ADC and on which box do
I have to install it? the Domain controller? or the
Exchange Standalone Server.

Than in advaced for your help.

Alia

Exchange 5.5 and Active Directory Connector

Post by <f.. » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 04:39:18

ADC should be installed on the server, since that is where
you'll be where you'll be making the connection between
the Exchange 5.5 Directory and AD.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have a test domain setup with domain 2000 and exchange
>5.5 I have read in book that I have install the ADC.
>Can please tell me where do I get ADC and on which box do
>I have to install it? the Domain controller? or the
>Exchange Standalone Server.

>Than in advaced for your help.

>Alia
>.

Exchange 5.5 and Active Directory Connector

Post by Ali Murat ALKANL » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 04:43:59

The ADC installation files should be on the Exchange
Server CD under the ADC directory. If you plan to apply
Exchange 2000 SP1 immediately after installing Exchange
2000, I would suggest to start with the SP1 version of
ADC, you can download or order the Exchange 2000 SP1 from
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2000/sp1.asp
link.

You need a Windows 2000 Server (or Advanced Server) to
install the ADC. If you have a large number of mailboxes
and many sites I would recommend to use a Windows 2000
member server for installing the ADC service. If you do
not have a complex Exchange organization you may also use
a domain controller (global catalog server would be
better). The decision depends on your configuration and
your hardware availability and capacity. I would not use
the Exchange Server itself for installing the ADC service.

I would highly suggest that you read the Six Steps
document on the Microsoft WEB Site and the intallation
guide on http://www.exinternals.com (the whitepapers
section). Especially the second document I recommended
supplies detailed information about Exchange 2000
implementation steps.

Hope this helps.
Murat

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have a test domain setup with domain 2000 and exchange
>5.5 I have read in book that I have install the ADC.
>Can please tell me where do I get ADC and on which box
do
>I have to install it? the Domain controller? or the
>Exchange Standalone Server.

>Than in advaced for your help.

>Alia
>.

1. Exchange 5.5 and Active Directory Connector Failing to install

I tried to install the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 and Windows 2000 Active
Directory Connector but I received the following error.  Can anyone shead
some light on this.  Would like to be able to get this installed.

Error window... Microsoft Active Directory Connector Setup

Extending the schema in the Active Directory failed. Please consult the
following error log: .....\LDIF.ERR

the log reads...

Error occured during initialization
File operation failure
An error has occurred in the program

If anyone has any clue on why this is failing please let me know.  Thanks.

Jonathan Gagliardi

2. FreeBusy Update

3. Active Directory Connector from Exchange 5.5 to Win2k

4. Information Store memory leak

5. Active Directory Connector & Exchange 5.5

6. Good Virus software for Exchange 5.5

7. Active Directory Connector w/ Exchange 5.5

8. multimedia messaging doesn't work with some machines

9. Active Directory Connector and Move Mailbox method for Exchange 5.5 to 2000

10. Active Directory Connector (ADC) AD to 5.5 e-mail address replication error

11. 5.5 Active Directory Connector Problem

12. Active directory connector Changed 5.5 email addresses