Exchange 2000 - Disaster Recovery - effects

Exchange 2000 - Disaster Recovery - effects

Post by Toby Tap » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 01:10:45

We have 3 Exchange 2000 servers in my organization and we
just had to rebuild one using the /disasterrecovery
switch.  I followed the instructions in KB 297289 and for
the most part it worked.  We are able to pass mail, which
was the important thing.  My question has to do with the
effects to my server after using the /disasterrecovery
switch.  Although we are still in the same exchange
organization and can send/receive mail there still seems
to be some issues with my server.  For one, the exchange
program group wasn't created during the install and
trying to run the System Manager I get:

Snap-in failed to initialize
Name - not available
CLSID {1B600AEA-10BA-11D2-9F28-00C04FA37610}

..then System Manager opens, but you can't do anything
from it.  I use ArcServe to backup Exchange and the agent
for ArcServe doesn't seem to work properly now.  Again,
on the surface Exchange is working, but it still doesn't
seem complete.  I'm not sure if I'm explaining it right,
but there seems to be a ripple effect that is causing
some other apps not to function correctly.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

1. Exchange 2000 - Disaster Recovery - effects

[...]

2. Advertisements in Instant Messenger for Exchange, v3.5

3. Duplication of mails in public folder

4. Name could not be resolved

5. I could cry

6. Exchange Disaster Recovery becoming a Disaster

7. Exchange 2000 Disaster Recovery Plan

8. Exchange 2000 disaster recovery problem

9. Exchange 2000 availability at a Disaster Recovery Site