Problems during upgrade from Exchange Server v4.0 SP4 to v5.0

Problems during upgrade from Exchange Server v4.0 SP4 to v5.0

Post by Michael Kristens » Tue, 30 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I'm trying to upgrade one of my two Exchange Servers to v5.0 (the
other one is already running v5.5), but during the installation it
fails.

It comes as far as the "updating the registry and starting services",
when Dr. Watson comes to visit with an access violation in setup.exe
(Application: services.dbg).

I've checked MS's Online Support and found something of the same sort
(http://www.veryComputer.com/), but
I've checked the permissions in the registry, on the keys they
surgest, and my service account have got FULL rights to all of them.

If anybody have got faintest clue on whats wrong, I would appreciate
it.

Specifications on server (if needed): HP NetServer LH2, dual P166, 96
MB RAM, Windows NT v3.51 SP5, Exchange Server v4.0 SP4.

Thanks in advance,
  Michael

Michael Kristensen

    ICQ UIN: 478933
      Homepage: http://www.*junkie.com/mk

1. Upgrade from V4.0 SP4 to V5.5 SP2

Hello,

We have a configuration with multiple sites and servers (48 servers, 12
sites)

The Exchange Servers are all at V5.0SP1 except for our two servers with the
IMC installed.  They are still at V4.0SP4.

We will upgrade those two systems to V5.5SP2, followed by all the bridgehead
servers in the other sites.  As a last action, we will upgrade the 'normal'
mailbox servers.

Do you see problems when we upgrade the servers with the IMC's to V5.5 SP2
first ?

Regards,
Veerle Laroche

2. Thanks to all and Question Regarding MailEssentials

3. Upgrade from exchange server v4.0 to v5.5

4. Unable to access a mailbox -' unable to access your default mailbox' error

5. Upgrading Exchange server from V4 to V5.5

6. .PST in Exchange

7. Upgrade from Exchange V5 SP2 to V5.5 SP4

8. Rules Wizzard

9. Upgrading and moving exchange v4 to v5

10. Can I setup Exchange server v5.0 RC1 on BDC of NT Server V4.0

11. Error upgrading v4 to v5 (address.dll)

12. Upgrade from v4 to v5.5

13. Error upgrading v4 to v5 (address.dll)