Sending the whole company domain mail thru dialup networking

Sending the whole company domain mail thru dialup networking

Post by Alejandro Lengu » Mon, 07 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I want to be able to send/receive the email

so I plan to get MSExchange installed on my NTServer
with a modem so it can call to my ISP.

What else do I need to configure?
what service should I contract to my ISP?

Thanks
Alejandro Lengua

Sending the whole company domain mail thru dialup networking

Post by Tallak Romundsta » Wed, 16 Sep 1998 04:00:00

You should configure your Internet Mail Service with a dial up connection to
your ISP, and request an ETRN service.

That way your Exchange server calls up the ISP, and asks for the mail for
your entire domain.

Tallak Romundstad

---------------------

>I want to be able to send/receive the email

>so I plan to get MSExchange installed on my NTServer
>with a modem so it can call to my ISP.

>What else do I need to configure?
>what service should I contract to my ISP?

>If I plan to setup email to other branches as

>Thanks
>Alejandro Lengua

1. Sending mail thru a dialup connection

Hi,

My Exchange 2K server is conected directly to the Internet through the LAN
but I want all outgoing mail to be sent thru a dialup connection in order to
preserve bandwith at the router.

I could do it in Exchange 5.5 but cant see how to do it with Exchange 2000.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Regards

Toni.

2. Problem forwarding mail

3. Emails sent to a whole company

4. microsoft fax problem

5. Can send E-mail thru Company server. Can't send mail thru MSN.

6. No M and L drive

7. how do set a whole company range email footer setting

8. Outlook Express and Exchange 2000

9. Can't Send mail to certain domains outside our network

10. How to restrict some user from send email other then company domain

11. Unable to POP (send only) mail via dialup

12. sending mail to a remote host via dialup with E2K

13. Sending mail via dialup ISP