Dr. Watson at startup of IMC

Post by Tony Schalle » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi
We're still fighting against Dr. Watson. At the startup of the Internet Mail
Service Dr. Watson appears.

In the event-log I found the following information. The perflib problem
always appears when I try to start IMC.

I'm sorry, but we are using the german version...

16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ISAPISearch" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ContentIndex" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ContentFilter" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
16.06.2000 15:33:45 MSExchangeIMC Informationen Initialisierung/Beendigung
1004   --- PSSERVER Der Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail-Dienst  Version
5.5.2650.21  wird gestartet.

Can somebody help?

Thanks, Tony

Dr. Watson at startup of IMC

Post by Mal Osborn » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Does the IMC still function? As fas as I can see, (I am monolinguistic)
those errors should only stop some counters in performance monitor from
working.  If so, you may be able to live with it.

--
Mal Osborne
MCSE Mensa

Quote:> Hi
> We're still fighting against Dr. Watson. At the startup of the Internet
Mail
> Service Dr. Watson appears.

> In the event-log I found the following information. The perflib problem
> always appears when I try to start IMC.

> I'm sorry, but we are using the german version...

> 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ISAPISearch" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ContentIndex" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ContentFilter" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> 16.06.2000 15:33:45 MSExchangeIMC Informationen Initialisierung/Beendigung
> 1004   --- PSSERVER Der Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail-Dienst  Version
> 5.5.2650.21  wird gestartet.

> Can somebody help?

> Thanks, Tony

Dr. Watson at startup of IMC

Post by Tony Schalle » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

No, IMC doesn't start!

In fact the perflib errors didn't appear as long as IMC worked.
IMC worked fine until I needed to restart it (after I did some configuration
changes).

Tony

Quote:> Does the IMC still function? As fas as I can see, (I am monolinguistic)
> those errors should only stop some counters in performance monitor from
> working.  If so, you may be able to live with it.

> --
> Mal Osborne
> MCSE Mensa

Dr. Watson at startup of IMC

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

What is the version and SP level of your Exchange Server?

> Hi
> We're still fighting against Dr. Watson. At the startup of the Internet Mail
> Service Dr. Watson appears.

> In the event-log I found the following information. The perflib problem
> always appears when I try to start IMC.

> I'm sorry, but we are using the german version...

> 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ISAPISearch" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ContentIndex" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ContentFilter" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> 16.06.2000 15:33:45 MSExchangeIMC Informationen Initialisierung/Beendigung
> 1004   --- PSSERVER Der Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail-Dienst  Version
> 5.5.2650.21  wird gestartet.

> Can somebody help?

> Thanks, Tony

group).

Kirill

Dr. Watson at startup of IMC

Post by Tony Schalle » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Exchange SP3 and NT SP6a

> What is the version and SP level of your Exchange Server?

> > Hi
> > We're still fighting against Dr. Watson. At the startup of the Internet
Mail
> > Service Dr. Watson appears.

> > In the event-log I found the following information. The perflib problem
> > always appears when I try to start IMC.

> > I'm sorry, but we are using the german version...

> > 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> > Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ISAPISearch" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> > fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> > verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> > 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> > Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ContentIndex" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> > fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> > verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> > 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> > Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ContentFilter" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> > fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> > verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> > 16.06.2000 15:33:45 MSExchangeIMC Informationen

Initialisierung/Beendigung

Quote:> > 1004   --- PSSERVER Der Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail-Dienst  Version
> > 5.5.2650.21  wird gestartet.

> > Can somebody help?

> > Thanks, Tony

> --
> If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
(in
> group).
> And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> Kirill

Dr. Watson at startup of IMC

Post by Gebhardt, Pete » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi Toni,
I had a similar problem last week. Have you checked the consistency of your
Information store? See
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q219/4/19.ASP for checking
and repairing a corrupt information store.

Peter

Quote:> Hi
> We're still fighting against Dr. Watson. At the startup of the Internet
Mail
> Service Dr. Watson appears.

> In the event-log I found the following information. The perflib problem
> always appears when I try to start IMC.

> I'm sorry, but we are using the german version...

> 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ISAPISearch" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ContentIndex" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ContentFilter" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> 16.06.2000 15:33:45 MSExchangeIMC Informationen Initialisierung/Beendigung
> 1004   --- PSSERVER Der Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail-Dienst  Version
> 5.5.2650.21  wird gestartet.

> Can somebody help?

> Thanks, Tony

Dr. Watson at startup of IMC

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Move all files out of \exchsrvr\imcdata\in and \exchsrvr\imcdata\out
directories. Delete x:\exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.dat file. Start IMC. If it starts
- stop it,  move half of files to their original location and delete
x:\exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.dat file. Start IMC.

Continue in the same fashion untill you got one or several files which crash
IMC. After that call M$ PSS and they probably will ask you to send those files
to them to develop fix for IMC.

> Exchange SP3 and NT SP6a

> > What is the version and SP level of your Exchange Server?

> > > Hi
> > > We're still fighting against Dr. Watson. At the startup of the Internet
> Mail
> > > Service Dr. Watson appears.

> > > In the event-log I found the following information. The perflib problem
> > > always appears when I try to start IMC.

> > > I'm sorry, but we are using the german version...

> > > 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> > > Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ISAPISearch" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> > > fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> > > verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> > > 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> > > Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ContentIndex" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> > > fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> > > verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> > > 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> > > Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ContentFilter" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> > > fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> > > verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> > > 16.06.2000 15:33:45 MSExchangeIMC Informationen
> Initialisierung/Beendigung
> > > 1004   --- PSSERVER Der Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail-Dienst  Version
> > > 5.5.2650.21  wird gestartet.

> > > Can somebody help?

> > > Thanks, Tony

> > --
> > If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
> (in
> > group).
> > And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> > Kirill

group).

Kirill

Dr. Watson at startup of IMC

Post by Tony Schalle » Thu, 22 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I'm sorry, but that does not solve my problem. Even without any of these
files IMC will not start again!

Quote:> Move all files out of \exchsrvr\imcdata\in and \exchsrvr\imcdata\out
> directories. Delete x:\exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.dat file. Start IMC. If it
starts
> - stop it,  move half of files to their original location and delete
> x:\exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.dat file. Start IMC.

> Continue in the same fashion untill you got one or several files which
crash
> IMC. After that call M$ PSS and they probably will ask you to send those
files
> to them to develop fix for IMC.

Dr. Watson at startup of IMC

Post by Tony Schalle » Sat, 24 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Sorry, but even without any of these Files IMC will not start again.

We will open a Call at Microsoft now to get the problem solved!

Tony

> Move all files out of \exchsrvr\imcdata\in and \exchsrvr\imcdata\out
> directories. Delete x:\exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.dat file. Start IMC. If it
starts
> - stop it,  move half of files to their original location and delete
> x:\exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.dat file. Start IMC.

> Continue in the same fashion untill you got one or several files which
crash
> IMC. After that call M$ PSS and they probably will ask you to send those
files
> to them to develop fix for IMC.

> > Exchange SP3 and NT SP6a

schrieb in
> > im Newsbeitrag:

> > > What is the version and SP level of your Exchange Server?

Internet
> > Mail

> > Initialisierung/Beendigung
Version

> > > --
> > > If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to
do so
> > (in
> > > group).
> > > And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can
participate.

> > > Kirill

> --
> If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
(in
> group).
> And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> Kirill

Dr. Watson at startup of IMC

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 24 Jun 2000 04:00:00

You can use MDBVU32 to clean IMC's mailbox in the Store. Go to
http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SA=GN&LNG=ENG
and search for
mdbvu32
about All products
against Full text

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.

Kirill

Dr. Watson at startup of IMC

Post by Tony Schalle » Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi
You wouldn't believe it, but our Problem is finally solved.
Solution: Never delete an X.400 Adress!
Our problem occurred because we deleted the X.400 adress of the
administrators mailbox!

We got the solution from Microsofts Helpdesk.
Unfortunately Microsoft told us that this is a chargeable event. Dr. Watson
is not a bug, this is caused by design. I can't believe such statements! At
least an entry in the event log or an error message would tell us, where the
problems source is!

Tony

Quote:> Hi
> We're still fighting against Dr. Watson. At the startup of the Internet
Mail
> Service Dr. Watson appears.

> In the event-log I found the following information. The perflib problem
> always appears when I try to start IMC.

> I'm sorry, but we are using the german version...

> 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ISAPISearch" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ContentIndex" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ContentFilter" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> 16.06.2000 15:33:45 MSExchangeIMC Informationen Initialisierung/Beendigung
> 1004   --- PSSERVER Der Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail-Dienst  Version
> 5.5.2650.21  wird gestartet.

> Can somebody help?

> Thanks, Tony

Dr. Watson at startup of IMC

Post by Jeff Middleton [SBS-MVP » Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Yes, that's true, deleting the X.400 address is a major no-no.  I think that
MS should make it more apparent to an SBS configuration that this is
required, but this falls under the point of making software less complicated
to use and manage and this is not necessarily where MS gets prizes
consistently.  Unfortunately, Exchange is a complicated product and this
happens to be one of the complications.

> Hi
> You wouldn't believe it, but our Problem is finally solved.
> Solution: Never delete an X.400 Adress!
> Our problem occurred because we deleted the X.400 adress of the
> administrators mailbox!

> We got the solution from Microsofts Helpdesk.
> Unfortunately Microsoft told us that this is a chargeable event. Dr.
Watson
> is not a bug, this is caused by design. I can't believe such statements!
At
> least an entry in the event log or an error message would tell us, where
the
> problems source is!

> Tony

> > Hi
> > We're still fighting against Dr. Watson. At the startup of the Internet
> Mail
> > Service Dr. Watson appears.

> > In the event-log I found the following information. The perflib problem
> > always appears when I try to start IMC.

> > I'm sorry, but we are using the german version...

> > 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> > Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ISAPISearch" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> > fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> > verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> > 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> > Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ContentIndex" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> > fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> > verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> > 16.06.2000 15:33:57 Perflib Fehler   --- 1008   --- PSSERVER Die
> > Open-Prozedur fr den Dienst "ContentFilter" in der DLL "QPerf.dll" ist
> > fehlgeschlagen.  Die Systemleistungsdaten fr diesen Dienst werden nicht
> > verfgbar sein. Der zurckgegebene Status-Code ist DWORD 0.
> > 16.06.2000 15:33:45 MSExchangeIMC Informationen

Initialisierung/Beendigung

Quote:> > 1004   --- PSSERVER Der Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail-Dienst  Version
> > 5.5.2650.21  wird gestartet.

> > Can somebody help?

> > Thanks, Tony

1. Dr. Watson at startup of IMC

[...]

2. Deleting Mail Box Stores

3. Dr. Watson for store.exe startup (Exch 5.5 w/SP3)

4. help with postmaster account setup

5. IMC Dr. Watson

6. port 135

7. Dr. Watson on store.exe and IMC

8. ADMIN: SPAM to the list?

9. Dr. Watson with IMC

10. Dr. Watson at the IMC installation time

11. IMC and Dr. Watson

12. Dr. Watson trying to start IMC...

13. Dr. Watson on store.exe and IMC