setup of exchange server on BDC behind a proxy server

setup of exchange server on BDC behind a proxy server

Post by Rob Skinne » Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I currently have an Exchange Server with is the PDC for our division.  This
server also houses the proxy server and has two network cards.  One card is
connected to the Internet and one to the local network.  The local network
IP address on this server is 10.0.0.1.  I can send mail, receive mail,
browse the web, etc., with not problems.

I have, in the past few days, setup a BDC to the above mentioned PDC.  The
PDC name is ICEDATA and the BDC is DEVELOPMENT.  The domain that these two
computers control is OFFSHORE.  I have also installed Exchange Server on the
BDC and would like to use this computer as the mail server and remove
Exchange server from the PDC (physically connected to the Internet).  The
BDC is at IP address 10.0.0.40 which is inside of the Proxy Server and does
not physically connect to the Internet.

How do I route incoming Internet Email to the BDC at 10.0.0.40?  What do I
need setup in the Network services of NT to accomplish this?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rob Skinner

setup of exchange server on BDC behind a proxy server

Post by Ben Smit » Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:00:00

See: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q181/4/20.asp
 for information on now to reverse proxy an Exchange server.

Ben Smith, MCSE