installing exchange at remote site..as a site connected to main site

installing exchange at remote site..as a site connected to main site

Post by CANADORE COLLEG » Thu, 26 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I have a project coming up where I will need to  install exchange server 5.5
at a remote site which is connected across a 256 ISDN connection. I am going
to have this server added as a site to our main server across that link.

The server will be a BDC and will probably be setup on the LAN and taken to
the remote site after all is working.

I am  curious about any problems I may have with routing protocols across
the link. How does exchange site actually talk to its Main Site, which
protocols MUST be enabled. I am just curious with regards to having a BRIDGE
type config on our  router or if I can actually use a Layer 3 approach.

please email me directly.

installing exchange at remote site..as a site connected to main site

Post by Kimmo Bergius [MVP » Fri, 27 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Protocol can be TCP/IP, the connector to use either the Site Connector or
the X.400 COnnector. I prefer the latter due to the additional features it
provides, but either should work (site conn. needs a minimum of 64K of
available bandwidth).

Cheers,
Kimmo