2000 Enterprise not seeing Exchange 5.5

Post by Marti » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 22:43:59

Are there any known problems in going from Exchange 5.5 to
Exchange 2000 Enterprise Edition? On installing I am not
seeing the existing Exchange 5.5 server and not getting
the option to connect to it.

Ho hum....

Any ideas?

Martin

2000 Enterprise not seeing Exchange 5.5

Post by Dmox » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 23:14:11

Martin,

Don't you need the ADC connector installed on the 5.5 machine before you
bring in a new E2K Server?

Dmox

Quote:> Are there any known problems in going from Exchange 5.5 to
> Exchange 2000 Enterprise Edition? On installing I am not
> seeing the existing Exchange 5.5 server and not getting
> the option to connect to it.

> Ho hum....

> Any ideas?

> Martin

2000 Enterprise not seeing Exchange 5.5

Post by Marti » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 23:30:33

The ADC was installed on the domain server prior to
installing Ex 2000.

Post by Max Vaysburd [MS » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 06:46:49

I presume this is the first Exchange 2000 server you are installing?  If so,
did you get a page during setup that asked you if you wanted to create a new
organization or join an existing one?  Which option did you pick?

--
Max Vaysburd
Exchange Setup Developer

****** Disclaimer ******

Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

> The ADC was installed on the domain server prior to
> installing Ex 2000.

Post by Marti » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 19:00:52

That is my problem, I do not get the option to create a
new organisation or join an existing one.

And you are right this is hte first Ex2000 server I am
installing.

The ADC is setup and running without errors.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I presume this is the first Exchange 2000 server you are
installing?  If so,
>did you get a page during setup that asked you if you

wanted to create a new
>organization or join an existing one?  Which option did
you pick?

>--
>Max Vaysburd
>Exchange Setup Developer