Ex;change service pack and NT service pack

Ex;change service pack and NT service pack

Post by Rick » Wed, 28 Mar 2001 04:14:54

Hi All:

We are planing on install sp4 on Exchange 5.5, do we have to install NT SP6 on the Exchange server computer first before apply the Exchange Srv SP4 ? Also we don't need any of the previous Exchange SP to install SP4 right ?

Thanks

Ex;change service pack and NT service pack

Post by Tony » Wed, 28 Mar 2001 08:14:44

If it was me, I would have a test server that was at the same level as the production server. I would install SP6a on the test server first and then re-apply whatever Exch SP you're at and hot fixes. Make sure things are working ok and then go ahead and apply SP4. If it still works ok, go for it on the production server. Make sure you have your on-line/off-line back ups working fine first.

--
Tony Woods MCSE, CNA
Microserve.ca

  Hi All:

  We are planing on install sp4 on Exchange 5.5, do we have to install NT SP6 on the Exchange server computer first before apply the Exchange Srv SP4 ? Also we don't need any of the previous Exchange SP to install SP4 right ?

  Thanks

Ex;change service pack and NT service pack

Post by Derrick_Palme » Thu, 29 Mar 2001 02:43:04

NO
Quote:-----Original Message-----
Hi All:

We are planing on install sp4 on Exchange 5.5, do we have to install NT SP6 on
the Exchange server computer first before apply the Exchange Srv SP4 ? Also we
don't need any of the previous Exchange SP to install SP4 right ?

Thanks

1. To Service Pack or not to Service Pack

I run both successfully.

NT 4.0 SP2 is a little tricky, but runs fine.  If you run any virus protection software on the server you will want to get the Post
SP2 Kernel hotfix from the FTP site ftp://ftp.microsoft.com.

There have been several users who had problems installing NT 4.0 SP2.  Without much correlation, installing from the CD has been
safer than installing from a network share.  Installing from a system already at SP1 has been safer than installing to raw NT 4.0.
Our local record is 7-2 in favor of no problems.

Exchange SP3 has been much easier.  It does require Exchange SP2 though.

regards
Andy

Simpler-Webb, Inc.   Austin, TX            512-322-0071
     "The clue meter is reading zero..." - Dilbert

2. xxxx

3. OWA language pack and service pack

4. admin Exchange Server through program

5. language packs and service pack 2

6. UNKNOWN ERROR

7. Ex. 5.0 Service Pack 2

8. Internet Mail service queue

9. IMS and Service Pack 1 prob with Ex. 5.0

10. SMTP Service in NT Option Pack ?

11. New Service Pack 2 for NT and SQL Available