IMC won't start: queue viewing interface?

IMC won't start: queue viewing interface?

Post by Mike Lofti » Fri, 13 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I keep getting an error when I start the connector: "queue viewing
interface cannot be registered".  What does this mean?  I can't find any
reference to a "queue viewing interface".

IMC won't start: queue viewing interface?

Post by Identity Withhel » Tue, 17 Dec 1996 04:00:00

The in-depth answer is that the IMC will attempt to bind to all protocols
installed. If a protocol is installed but not configured, or is operating
improperly, or is otherwise hosed, you'll get the error.
--
Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Sec. 227,
any and all nonsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is

Quote:> We had this problem and solved it with the help of PSS this weekend.

Below is my description of it:
Quote:

> OK - we solved it with help from PSS.  FYI - This could be one of two
things on 3.51.

> 1) Mac Services are installed and hosed.  This was the case on our

customer's server.  The Mac services were erroring out on
Quote:> startup - even though the service was set to manual.  When we launched

the IMC it was not able to correctly register all it's
Quote:> objects becuse of the remnants left by the Mac stuff.

> 2) IPX/SPX is installed and hosed.  I suspect that this would behave the

same way.  On our server IPX/SPX was installed, but I made
Quote:> an educated guess that it was just the Mac services causing the problem.

> Solution: in our case we removed the Mac services since they were not

currently in use.  Restarted the server and were successful
Quote:> in starting the IMC.

> MS also suggested removing and re-adding the IPX/SPX protocol and

reconfiguring.  But we did not require this step.

> --

> Simpler-Webb, Inc.   Austin, TX            512-322-0071
>      "The clue meter is reading zero..." - Dilbert

Quote:> > I encountered the same problem after my TCP/IP service had crashed and
the
> > only solution I could find was to re-install the whole IMC service from
> > CD-ROM. I think the problem can be resolved somehow by editing
Registry,
> > but I do not know how to do that. By the way, did you get this problem
> > after some system crash or what ?

1. email that won't delete out of the IMC queue

I have an email that won't delete out of the IMC queue. It is an infected
"anna" mail item that was there when the server was taken off-line for
cleanup. It is the only one left and it is stuck Inbound in the queue. The
properties show it from an internal address to a custom recip that should be
in the outbound queue. Anyway it won't delete. How do I get it to go away.
The recip says it keeps going into her mailbox and she cant get rid of it.
Thanks
Rob

2. Lost attachments

3. IMS Queues - Won't start

4. STORE.exe causes Access Violations (every 20 minutes)

5. IMC won't start on second node

6. security

7. MTA and IMC services won't start

8. Do not send NDR to internet

9. MTA (and dependant IMC) won't start after SP4 installation

10. IMC won't start

11. Exhange Server 5.0 IMC won't start with Proxy client

12. Ex IMC 5.0 won't start!