News Groups

Post by wayfinde » Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Once Internet News Groups have been added to a site, how can they removed?
I see it is possible to disable the protocol.  I see it is possible to
remove servers from the replication list.  But how can I take the list of
Internet news groups out of the Public Folders list that gets sent to each
client?

News Groups

Post by CP » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

How do I remove certain newsgroups from Exchange?  For example when I connect
to Exchange with my news  client (WinVN) I get a list that has some microsoft
newsgroups like .de. and .es. .. etc.
I don't want those to show up when I get the list from Exchange.
Now I have excluded them from the newsfeed I still get them becasue initially I
included the whole microsoft hierarchy.

Some help would ba appreciated.
Please remove NOSPAM to email me.
Thanks,
Chris

News Groups

Post by Amiri Jon » Tue, 04 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> How do I remove certain newsgroups from Exchange?  For example when I connect
> to Exchange with my news  client (WinVN) I get a list that has some microsoft
> newsgroups like .de. and .es. .. etc.
> I don't want those to show up when I get the list from Exchange.
> Now I have excluded them from the newsfeed I still get them becasue initially I
> included the whole microsoft hierarchy.

        Open the properties of the newsfeed connector and remove them from
there.  After that, delete the actual folders from a client.  Make sure
you remove the group from the feed before deleting the folder, otherwise
it will get re-created during the next feed.