Exchange 2000 setup problem (setup /ForestPrep )

Exchange 2000 setup problem (setup /ForestPrep )

Post by u_b.. » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,

Tried to do setup a test exchange 2000 server on a standard alone
Windows
2000 server with SP1 installed, There is only one 2000 domain
controller
with Active Directory configured (SP1 installed).

Run setup /ForestPrep and it won't give me a screen like create new
organization, instead it gave me option of choose which component to
install, clicked MS exchange 2000 server Action button, and got the
following error:

The componet of ForestPrep cannot be assigned Action because

-setup is unable to access the Windows 2000 Active Directory
-failed to contact the Schema Master server for this Active Directory
Forest.

Follow up Q 259427, still cannot solve the problem. any suggestion?

Thanks.

1. What is the purpose for setup exchange2k using commands setup /forestprep and setup /domainprep

Bryan

ForestPrep, preps your forest and DomainPrep, preps your domain :-)

Heres a link that should help explain what they both do and why you need
them:
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/deployment/2000/PrepUtilit...

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

2. Inbox Asst. rule FWD to internet addr.?

3. retrieving internet mail

4. Message tracking logs

5. events "cancelled" in calendar

6. Problems running setup /forestprep

7. setup /forestprep problems

8. Exchange 2000 install problems - Exchange Server Setup Progress.log (0/1)

9. exchange 2003 setup /Forestprep fails

10. Setup problem - Service name setup