DNS ann HOST file in SMTP connector

Post by Wensi Pen » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 02:39:53

Hi there,

I have two SMTP connectors, one is using UNIX smart host for Internet mails,
 the second one is for external routing/forwarding because we have many

 configure the second SMTP connector using DNS. However, the DNS is on an
 UNIX as well. The external domains are not allowed in the Unix DNS. So I
 want to try to add a HOST file including all external domain names. I
image,
 when the second SMTP connector tries to relay external domain names it will
 look at the local HOST file first to resolve the domain names.

Am I right, should it be working?

Thanks,
 Wensi

1. DNS ann HOST file in SMTP connector

Hi there,

I have two SMTP connectors, one is using UNIX smart host for Internet mails,
 the second one is for external routing/forwarding because we have many

 configure the second SMTP connector using DNS. However, the DNS is on an
 UNIX as well. The external domains are not allowed in the Unix DNS. So I
 want to try to add a HOST file including all external domain names. I
image,
 when the second SMTP connector tries to relay external domain names it will
 look at the local HOST file first to resolve the domain names.

Am I right, should it be working?

Thanks,
 Wensi

2. Categories List

3. OWA - use offline?

4. DNS or hosts file?

5. Using Exchange in a Call Center Enviroment

6. hosts file and DNS

7. Public Task Folder Problem

8. SMTP Smart Host DNS Resolution

9. DNS question & SMTP connector

10. Perform reverse DNS lookup for Incoming messages option for SMTP connector (Conflicting KB articles)

11. PLEASE HELP - Problem with SMTP Connector through Smart Host

12. SMTP Connector: Smart Host!