Multiple Network Users on One Computer

Post by Deon Cranfor » Thu, 23 Oct 1997 04:00:00

We're in the process of installing Exchange 4.0 and migrating our current
mail from the Microsoft Mail system (located on a Novell network) to an NT
4.0 server. We've only had the NT box for four months, but due to some bad
configuration from the vendor, the system is just now stable enough to
attempt this. Unfortunately, moving to Exchange 5.0 is just not possible
yet so I need a 4.0 answer.

I'm having no trouble with the migration, but I am missing something in
setting up a WIN95 machine for multiple network users. Isn't it possible
for USERA to be logged onto the NT domain from a WIN95 PC and have USERB
sit down at it (without logging USERA out) and read his mail? If it's
possible, does anyone have a step-by-step routine  on how to do this? I'll
take information on setup of permissions, user profiles, ...anything to get
through this conversion. Thanks in advance.

Deon Cranford
Scotland Memorial Hospital

Multiple Network Users on One Computer

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Thu, 23 Oct 1997 04:00:00

You need to do two things: Create an Exchange profile for each user who
will get that mail under that login. In each of those profiles, turn off
"Use network security" in the properties for the Exchange Server service.
--
Sue Mosher
Slipstick Systems, Moscow

Quote:> I'm having no trouble with the migration, but I am missing something in
> setting up a WIN95 machine for multiple network users. Isn't it possible
> for USERA to be logged onto the NT domain from a WIN95 PC and have USERB
> sit down at it (without logging USERA out) and read his mail? If it's
> possible, does anyone have a step-by-step routine  on how to do this?
I'll
> take information on setup of permissions, user profiles, ...anything to
get
> through this conversion. Thanks in advance.

Multiple Network Users on One Computer

Post by Amiri Jone » Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> You need to do two things: Create an Exchange profile for each user who
> will get that mail under that login. In each of those profiles, turn off
> "Use network security" in the properties for the Exchange Server service.
> --
> Sue Mosher
> Slipstick Systems, Moscow
> FAQs at Exchange Center --  http://www.slipstick.com/exchange

        Also make sure that under the Tools/Options/General you select the 'prompt
for a profile to be used at startup' option.