Exchange and externalmail problems

Post by <knesl.. » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 22:13:11

I am using this evaluation version of Exchange 5.5 and I have been using it
f:or some time now, but recently I am getting this message when I am trying
to send mails to external persons....
"No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient.   "
I think there are a problem regarding the userlicenses, but I havent been
able to solve this provider problem even if I supply new licenses....

regards
Kurt

Exchange and externalmail problems

Post by news.microsoft.co » Fri, 20 Apr 2001 01:12:35

Sounds like your trying to send Internet mail but havent installed "Internet
Mail Service" You can find information on this at Technet :
http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN&LN=EN-US

Quote:> I am using this evaluation version of Exchange 5.5 and I have been using
it
> f:or some time now, but recently I am getting this message when I am
trying
> to send mails to external persons....
> "No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient.   "
> I think there are a problem regarding the userlicenses, but I havent been
> able to solve this provider problem even if I supply new licenses....

> regards
> Kurt

1. Exchange 2000 server move problems: suspect active directory as root problem

Got a wierd problem to solve, and suspect that AD is the key.

We're moving our Exchange 2000 server out to the site where we host our
apps.

But when I got it on the rack and fired up, Exchange woudn't start: got
errors on
both System Attendant and Information Store of "%%0".  The remainder of the
services wouldn't start due to dependencies. Addtionally, the "M" drive,
"Exchange"
disappeared completely, even though it's a local drive.

After tearing out hair for a while, took it off the rack at hosted site,
hauled it back
to the office, plugged it in, and VOILA!, everything works fine.

Additional data: we do not, as yet, have a VPN link between the sites.  We
DO
have a domain controller over there.  I built it a week ago on the office
network,
boxed it back up, and put it on the rack at the hosted site on Wednesday...

No, I didn't create a new site in Active Directory.  My bad.

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong, and how to fiz it ???

2. Hide Recipients

3. Big Problem -- Exchange 2K Relay Problem ********

4. Exchange 2000 Web Access

5. Exchange 2000 POP3 problem using TOP command and one other problem

6. Exchange error 1188

7. problems loading SMTP in exchange admin (add-ins directory problem)

8. Who can help me out

9. VERY strange problem/set of problems on virgin Exchange 5.5 server

10. Q: Problem installing SP for Exchange because of problems with mapi32.dll

11. Exchange 2000 uninstall problem/connectivity problem

12. Exchange 5.5 Install Problem (user32.dll problem)