switch high speed connection

Post by fshgu » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 00:28:26

Hi, we are about the switch our high speed internet connection from ADSL to
E10 from one company to the other. We have Exchange 5.5 and SMTP server in
house, Is anything need to be change on the server side to make sure the all
the incoming and outgoing mail working ok after the switching.
Thanks in advance.

Fshguo.

switch high speed connection

Post by Seetal R Pate » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:18:34

I am presuming that you will have new IP range assigned if so make sure that
your MX records entries in the DNS servers are updated accordingly.

Thanks,

Seetal.

Quote:> Hi, we are about the switch our high speed internet connection from ADSL
> E10 from one company to the other. We have Exchange 5.5 and SMTP server in
> house, Is anything need to be change on the server side to make sure the
all
> the incoming and outgoing mail working ok after the switching.
> Thanks in advance.

> Fshguo.

switch high speed connection

Post by fshgu » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 23:17:09

Thanks. the DNS needs to be change to the new IP address, but how about the
Exchange server itself and SMTP server? the internal IP for these two
servers are not changed, only the public IP for the firewall is changed.

I am trying to think of anything need to be changed in Exchange Server and
SMTP server, but I can not think of anything.

Any suggestion besides the DNS?

Thanks again.

fshguo

> I am presuming that you will have new IP range assigned if so make sure
that
> your MX records entries in the DNS servers are updated accordingly.

> Thanks,

> Seetal.

> > Hi, we are about the switch our high speed internet connection from ADSL
> > E10 from one company to the other. We have Exchange 5.5 and SMTP server
in
> > house, Is anything need to be change on the server side to make sure the
> all
> > the incoming and outgoing mail working ok after the switching.
> > Thanks in advance.

> > Fshguo.

switch high speed connection

Post by Seetal R Pate » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 00:13:53

If the internal IPs remain the same there should be no need to touch
anything else.

> Thanks. the DNS needs to be change to the new IP address, but how about
the
> Exchange server itself and SMTP server? the internal IP for these two
> servers are not changed, only the public IP for the firewall is changed.

> I am trying to think of anything need to be changed in Exchange Server and
> SMTP server, but I can not think of anything.

> Any suggestion besides the DNS?

> Thanks again.

> fshguo

> > I am presuming that you will have new IP range assigned if so make sure
> that
> > your MX records entries in the DNS servers are updated accordingly.

> > Thanks,

> > Seetal.

> > > Hi, we are about the switch our high speed internet connection from
ADSL
> > > E10 from one company to the other. We have Exchange 5.5 and SMTP
server
> in
> > > house, Is anything need to be change on the server side to make sure
the
> > all
> > > the incoming and outgoing mail working ok after the switching.
> > > Thanks in advance.

> > > Fshguo.

1. Minimum Outlook Client connection speed Exch 5.5

What is the minimum recommended connection speed for using the Outlook
client (2000 or 2002) to connect to an Exchange server over a WAN link?  I
guess I am wanting to know two things -- what Microsoft reccomends and also
what your user experience has taught you on this.  Also if you know of any
good reference articles on tihs subject..

thanks,
Clay

2. Schedule + permissions/pst compaction

3. Synchronizing over low speed connections

4. IM Router

5. IMC Inbound Connections extremely high

6. Messages not moving to Sent Folder

7. auto switch from network connection to offline folder

8. Time Recording Application?

9. Slow Connection when I switch my OWA to work with SSL

10. Connection, Connection, Connection?!

11. Outlook/Exchange Speed Problems

12. MAPI speed question