Setup error - help!

Post by Aditi Corporati » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi Jonathan,

<<<<<<
I am trying to install Exchange Server version 4 on an NT 4 server but
after copying the files from the CD to my server Setup gives the following
error messages:
"While attempting to start the Microsoft Exchange Directory service, the
following error was encountered. The service did not respond to the start or
control request in a timely fashion.

This could be because the Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Connector service
has been set to log on as a system account or use the LocalSystem account.
This error can be overcome by following these steps:

1.Use the Services tool in Control Panel, select the Microsoft Exchange
  Internet Mail service and click Startup.
2.Under Log On As, select This Account. Select the name of the Exchange
  system account or an account that has service account administrator rights
  on the Organization , Site, and Configuration containers.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,
Anil Kumar
Aditi Corp.

 Aditi Corp was formerly known as NetQuest Inc.