Front-end server

Post by Greg » Sun, 22 Sep 2002 02:23:50

Should I make my IIS server my Exchange 2000 Front-end server or should I
get a new box to proxy requests to the Back-end server?

Gregg

Front-end server

Post by Melissa Travers [MS » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 02:23:06

Hi Gregg,

If you have Exchange 2000 Enterprise installed on this IIS server, this can
be made a front-end server.  See the following whitepaper

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/deployment/2000/E2KFrontBa...

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Quote:> Should I make my IIS server my Exchange 2000 Front-end server or should I
> get a new box to proxy requests to the Back-end server?

> Gregg

1. OWA: Back End Server Works Fine, Front End Server Just Gives Logon Challenge Repeatedly

The subject line pretty much says it all. My backend server, front end server,
and client machine are all on the same hub. From the client machine, if I go
to http://back.mydomain.com/exchange/my_user_name, everything works fine. I
get the logon challenge, enter my user name and password, and up comes my
Outlook mailbox. However, if I go to
http://front.mydomain.com/exchange/my_user_name, I get the logon challenge,
but no matter what I enter, I just get the challenge again. The server is set
to be a front-end server and has been rebooted. Any ideas?

--Eric

2. Exchange 2003 tools environment

3. ES2k Licensing Question - Front End Server / Back End Server

4. OWA access

5. Back-End Server to Front-End Server

6. Exchange 5.5 sp1

7. NLB on Front End Servers to a cluster back end

8. Exchange 5.5 SP4 Recepients Question

9. HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error in Ex2003 Front end server

10. front end server and bridgehead server

11. Front-end server in DMZ

12. Administration of front-end server w/ RPC ports closed

13. Web Storage System on Front-end Server