Exchange Server 5.0 and Outlook 97 - Shared Contacts is SLOW

Exchange Server 5.0 and Outlook 97 - Shared Contacts is SLOW

Post by Kevin Pes » Sun, 09 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Greetings,

I'm having a bit of difficutly understanding why our Exchange Server
5.0 with Outlook 97 clients is having such a hard time DELETING
records in a Public Folder of type Contacts. It takes several seconds
to delete a single shared contact and server minutes (hours even) to
delete or perform some operation on multiple records. Of course this
is unacceptable, but as far as I can tell nothing has changed on the
system from the installed defaults. The only other helpful hint I can
give is that the STORE process goes absolutely crazy when someone
modifies a shared contacts record.

Any ideas, tips, help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin Pesce

1. Shared Calender with Outlook 97 and Exchange server 5.0

I have a problem with outlook 97 and exchange Server 5.0.
When I copy the calender to a public folder it is possible to make
appointments, but I get a error message that the answers off the
appointments can not be received.

What is the strategy to make a shared Calender within Outlook 97.

2. OWA & 3 sites

3. Sharing Contact List in Outlook 97

4. Event ID 493/474

5. Block China, Korea and Brazil

6. Outlook 97 - sharing contacts

7. WAP

8. Shared Contacts and Journal with Outlook 97

9. Contact sharing Outlook 97

10. Sharing Contact List in Outlook 97

11. Outlook 97 licensing Exchange Server 5.0 in per server licensing mode

12. ES 5.0 and Outlook 97's Contacts