Question about DNS setup

Post by Mike » Sat, 22 Dec 2001 00:34:17

Hi, we're rolling out Exchange 2000 this spring.  My company, which I'll
call Flapjacks, already has a web site, www.flapjacks.com, outsourced to
another location.  Naturally the domain of flapjacks.com has been registered
and has name servers at our ISP and our web hosting service.

I am going to be setting up AD, DNS and Exchange here and would like to also
use the AD/DNS domain flapjacks.com here inside the company (actually, I
have to, given the fact the Exchange server will be the MX record for the
flapjacks.com domain on the Internet), but am concerned that this might
cause some confusion given the fact flapjacks.com is registered with
Internic already and the web server is at another IP.  I would imagine I can
keep the DNS/AD domain private as we use private IP addresses and have the
standard firewall with NAT setup.  We will not be connecting AD to any other
sites over the Internet.

I was wondering if anyone has any stories or tips regarding this detail.
Many thanks in advance-

Mike

1. Setup Question: I want to know the best way to setup an SMTP spooler for Exchange

Sorry about the large cross-posting, but I didn't want to miss getting my
questions out to any helpful souls out there.  My boss tossed out a copy of
linux to me and asked me to make a secondary mail spooler for our
NT/Exchange 5.5 environment (for free, of course - I can't spend no $$$$).
Something that will accept SMTP mail (IF our primary SMTP mail server is
down) , and just spool it to our bridgehead server.  And if it cannot send
it over, it will keep retrying until it can send the queue on over.

Questions:

1) What product running under Redhat Linux would be good for this?
2) Do you know of any how-to docs available for the product that you
recommend?
3) Do you know of any how-to docs that discuss this specific situation?
4) do you have any other suggestions?

Thanx for all your help.  If you could take the time to email me, it would
be awsome!  If you live in the LA, CA area, and can help, I will buy you
some beers!

Chris

2. Mail

3. Exchage 5.5 Setup Question (Setup with No Mail).

4. Exchange Virus Scan.

5. Setup Question: I want to know the best way to setup an SMTP spooler for Exchange

6. sub-folder sharing

7. Exchage 5.5 Setup Question (Setup with No Mail).

8. Disk location of mailboxes

9. Setup Question: I want to know the best way to setup an SMTP spooler for Exchange

10. Exchage 5.5 Setup Question (Setup with No Mail).

11. DNS setup for exchange5.5 SP3 w/hotfix

12. exchange 5.5 and dns setup

13. DNS setup