owa installing on standalone iis server

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:01:43

No, you cannot install OWA without Exchange and you cannot install Exchange
without OWA

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> Are you able to install the owa for exchange 2000 on a
> server other than the exchange server?

owa installing on standalone iis server

Post by David Wan » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 00:57:42

In Exchange5.5, you still has the option to install OWA on non-exchange server.
Microsoft always makes you buy more to do simple things.

> No, you cannot install OWA without Exchange and you cannot install Exchange
> without OWA

> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Microsoft Exchange MVP
> www.exchangetrainer.com
> www.msexchange.org

> > Are you able to install the owa for exchange 2000 on a
> > server other than the exchange server?

1. OWA on standalone IIS server - install error

Has anyone run into this problem before? I am installing OWA on a standalone
IIS server as per technet article Q234805, but the install blows up with the
error "The command, lodctr ewsperf.ini, failed returning an error code of
<32>". I haven't found anything in technet. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Proxy Server 2

3. sending/receiving emails offline

4. OWA installation on a standalone IIS server

5. delegating setup permissions

6. OWA on standalone server - install error

7. Forms manager

8. Installing OWA standalone

9. OWA 5.5 install of Win2k Server IIS 5

10. Installing OWA when IIS is not on Exchange Server

11. OWA install on separate IIS server in DMZ