store.exe fails on install, please help.

store.exe fails on install, please help.

Post by Andre » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 07:30:20

I am trying to install E2K.  Everything seemed to install
OK, except for one thing.  During the "Messaging and
Collaboration Services" part of the install, it fails when
it trys to install the store.exe.  This is the error I get:

Setup failed while Copying d:\exchsrvr\bin\store.exe
(error 0xC0070017: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).) .

Additional information:
The specified service does not exist as an installed
service.

Facility: Win32
ID no: c0070424
Microsoft Exchange Setup

Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Facility: Win32
ID no: c0070017
Microsoft Exchange Setup

Function:
CService::ScGetDependendentServices
CFileManager::ScCommitFilesToDisk
CBaseComponent::ScSetup
CCompServer::ScSetup
CComExchSetupComponent::Install

store.exe fails on install, please help.

Post by Ashley Webb [MS » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 08:06:07

Hi Andrew,
 This most likely sounds like an issue with the CD media. Shortly after E2K
released there were some CDs that were found to have a bad Store.exe on
them. To double check this is the issue try doing a regular copy of the CD
to a hard drive. Most likely copying of the Store.exe file will fail due to
CRC check.

You should be able to return this CD to the vendor for replacement. I would
suggest removing the existing install and verifying that everything is
removed by checking through the following two articles.

Q260378 XADM: How to Manually Remove an Exchange 2000 Installation
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q260378

Q273478 XADM: Completely Removing Exchange 2000 from Active Directory
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q273478

You will need to make sure the installed binaries are removed, registry is
cleaned up and also remove the failed E2K install from Active Directory.

Sorry for the bad news but hope this at least gets you on the right track.

--
Ashley Webb [MS]
Exchange Support

****** Disclaimer ******

Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

Quote:> I am trying to install E2K.  Everything seemed to install
> OK, except for one thing.  During the "Messaging and
> Collaboration Services" part of the install, it fails when
> it trys to install the store.exe.  This is the error I get:

> Setup failed while Copying d:\exchsrvr\bin\store.exe
> (error 0xC0070017: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).) .

> Additional information:
> The specified service does not exist as an installed
> service.

> Facility: Win32
> ID no: c0070424
> Microsoft Exchange Setup

> Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

> Facility: Win32
> ID no: c0070017
> Microsoft Exchange Setup

> Function:
> CService::ScGetDependendentServices
> CFileManager::ScCommitFilesToDisk
> CBaseComponent::ScSetup
> CCompServer::ScSetup
> CComExchSetupComponent::Install

1. store.exe error Please help us

Hi,

In our school we have a big problem!!

Exchange server was be perfect for any days, now, at the star, appears this
error message:

an application error has occurred and an application error log is being
created         STORE.EXE          Exception: access violation (ox c0000005,
address 0x77f05159)

and then the store and email service, in the services don't start.

If we start store manually in the srvices in control panel, it's start, but
still we try to start also internet mail service, it's report that error,
and stop also store service.   Sigh.

Is there a methodo to uninstall exchange server, we can try to reinstall it.
Pleaseee

because our mail server don't start !!

Thanks very much

Maria, Simone and their student

2. GMT/UTC -> CST

3. Urgent - Problems with STORE.EXE - Please Help

4. Year 2099 problem.

5. Problems with STORE.EXE - Please Help !!!

6. Webaccess autentincation

7. store.exe - Application error Please Help.

8. Object not found

9. store.exe error Please help us

10. Please help sbs + exchange + store.exe

11. STORE.EXE 100% CPU - Please Help.

12. store.exe - Application error Please Help.

13. Urgent - Problems with STORE.EXE - Please Help