Hosting 2 DNS on a single Exchange server

Hosting 2 DNS on a single Exchange server

Post by Fred L » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

    Hi there,

    My company uses Exchange 5.5 SP5 on a NT4 Box, and would like me to host
2 domain names (xxx.com, yyy.com) on this mail server

    Is t possible ... how .... ?

    Thanx for any hints / tips other than RTFM :-p

    Fred

Hosting 2 DNS on a single Exchange server

Post by David Sapery [MVP » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

RTFM.  Just kidding.

For the most basic setup, you just need to add both domains as "inbound" on
the Internet Mail Service's ROUTING tab, and then set the MX records (in
DNS) for both domains to point to the same server.

David
David Sapery
MVP, MCSE+I, MCT

+1-703-518-6031