How to turn off RTF / lose the WINMAIL.DAT ???

How to turn off RTF / lose the WINMAIL.DAT ???

Post by ATTC » Wed, 23 Apr 1997 04:00:00

How did you disable RTF, because if you set in Internet connector/ E-mail
domain (specify message content by e-mail domain), specify the domain name
and set send attachment using UUENCODE with Binhex and interoperability to
never in the first top box.(provided if you are using different domain and
connected via internet connector.
If you are using some different setup then I need some more info.
SA

Quote:>Hi,

Post by Fred Brow » Fri, 25 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> Hi,

> We have a problem with our mac <-> msmail gateway from starnine. It seems
> that it rejectsall messages sent from a microsoft exchange client. We found
> out that the
> winmail.dat attachment is causing the problems. We already tried to turn
> off the RTF format in exchange. This didn't do the trick. Does anyone has
> any
> suggestions ? (except from throwing all the mac's out of the window ...)

> Regards,

> Roland Stilting
> Starware

Roland,

There's an undocumented registry parameter that might help.

I don't have the exact location right now but I think it's at the
following location:

HKLM/System/Current Control Set/Services/

Look for the service that ends in "MSMC" or "MSMI". It's the MS Mail
Connector service. In the "Parameters" section look for the entry called
"SetResponsibilityBit". Edit that value and flip it from a "1" to a "0"
or vice versa depending on its current value.

That should fix the problem. When I'm back at work tomorrow, I'll look
up our documentation and try to send you an Email with the definitive
location of the registry key.

My client uses MS Mail for AppletTalk networks which I think is the
predecessor to the product you're using and it fixed the problem for us.

Regards
--

Fred Brown
Digital Equipment of Canada Limited

1. How to turn off RTF / lose the WINMAIL.DAT ???

How did you disable RTF, because if you set in Internet connector/ E-mail
domain (specify message content by e-mail domain), specify the domain name
and set send attachment using UUENCODE with Binhex and interoperability to
never in the first top box.(provided if you are using different domain and
connected via internet connector.
If you are using some different setup then I need some more info.
SA

2. Last command not supported-problem using yahoo web as POP client

3. multi domain of email address under Exchange Server 5.5

4. VB & Outlook

5. Move Mailbox problem, second server not listed in destiation

6. RTF, attachments and winmail.dat

7. How to permanantly turn off RTF in MSMail?

8. Winmail.dat

9. CDO and Exch2k winmail.dat BUG??