outlook 98 and exchange server

Post by Sharon Mille » Mon, 16 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I have a couple Window NT 4.0 workstation clients that have been internet
mail clients for a while. Now I want to have them also use a internal
exchange server in addition to the internet mail server but I don't see any
thing to hook up to the exchange server as in the windows 98 clients if I go
new account it seems to be for internet only, there is no services under
tabes or under mail in the control panel?
so I'm not sure on how to connect to the local network exchange server
thanks

outlook 98 and exchange server

Post by Chris Schar » Tue, 17 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I have a couple Window NT 4.0 workstation clients that have been internet
>mail clients for a while. Now I want to have them also use a internal
>exchange server in addition to the internet mail server but I don't see any
>thing to hook up to the exchange server as in the windows 98 clients if I go
>new account it seems to be for internet only, there is no services under
>tabes or under mail in the control panel?
>so I'm not sure on how to connect to the local network exchange server
>thanks

Rerun setup and choose corporate/ workgroup mode.

--
Chris Scharff       ! The real winners in life are the
MVP Exchange        ! people who look at every situation

ROT13 required for SMTP Address

Post by Amiri Jon » Tue, 17 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I have a couple Window NT 4.0 workstation clients that have been
>internet mail clients for a while. Now I want to have them also use a
>internal exchange server in addition to the internet mail server but I
>don't see any thing to hook up to the exchange server as in the windows
>98 clients if I go new account it seems to be for internet only, there
>is no services under tabes or under mail in the control panel?
>so I'm not sure on how to connect to the local network exchange server
>thanks

        Chris' reinstall advice is for Outlook 98....

outlook 98 and exchange server

Post by Tom St. Clai » Tue, 17 Aug 1999 04:00:00

With Outlook 98 up go to tools then click options, then go to mail delivery
tab.  Look for a button that says reconfigure mail services, then chose
workgroup enviroment.  If you do not see this then reinstall Outlook 98 off
of  the CD and chose workgroup.  If you downloaded the free Outlook 98
version off of the web than you can forget about workgroup support.

Quote:> I have a couple Window NT 4.0 workstation clients that have been internet
> mail clients for a while. Now I want to have them also use a internal
> exchange server in addition to the internet mail server but I don't see
any
> thing to hook up to the exchange server as in the windows 98 clients if I
go
> new account it seems to be for internet only, there is no services under
> tabes or under mail in the control panel?
> so I'm not sure on how to connect to the local network exchange server
> thanks

1. Outlook 98 accessing Exchange Server problem

A user on our network is using Outllok 98 and freezes when trying to
receive or send messages.
He has access the network and files on the network.
He was able to send & receive message when he had Outlook 97.
I have completely uninstalled, removed registry entries and reinstalled
Outllok 97 then upgraded to Outlook 98, but he still freezes when
retrieving messages from Exchange Server.
All other network communications work with no problems.
I was able to access his email from another PC using Outllok98.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks

2. Cannot edit public folder properites

3. Outlook 98 and Exchange Server 5: public folders

4. Defragmentation

5. Where are data files for Outlook 98 with Exchange Server 5.5

6. Client Password Change?

7. Outlook 98 on Exchange servers

8. help, exchange problems

9. Troubles with Outlook 98 and Exchange Server 5.5 (only a few clients connect)

10. Outlook 98 and Exchange Server 5: public folders

11. Questions about security with Outlook 98 and Exchange Server

12. can't install Outlook 98 on Exchange server

13. Outlook 98 and Exchange server - IP