OWA install problems on SBS 4.5

Post by Robert J. Benso » Fri, 08 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I tried to install OWA on SBS 4.5 last friday. Everything seemed to be going
correctly according to the KB Q233204 Installing OWA on SBS 4.5. After the
initial installation you are required to run Exchange Service Pack 2. This
is were the problem arose:

The patch appears to be running correclty until it gets to the setup of the
internet mail services at that point I get the following errors and dialoge
boxes.
1)Exchange server setup self registration of dll
c:\winnt.sbs\system32\cdonts.dll failed: 0d
2)processing file e:\ExchSrvr.sp2\Server\Setup\i386\cdo.ins at or near line
7. the specified module could not be found. MS Win NT ID no:0xc002007e
3) Specified module could not be found MS Win NT ID no:0xc007007e

The setup routine fails at this point. I tried rebooting and reinstalling
only to get the exact same results.

Any suggestions? Thanks....
Rob

1. Is it possible to install Exchange on separate mail server when using SBS 4.5

We have a BackOffice Small Business Server 4.5 and are looking into a
full-time connection to the Internet via a dedicated frame relay connection.
We have an older computer (P166+, 4 GB HD, 64 MB RAM) we would like to use
as a mail server, however, from what I understand, Exchange 5.5 can only be
installed on the SBS. Is there a way around this, (such as storing the mail
on the "mail server" or mapping the hard drive on the "mail server" and
installing Exchange on that drive) or would it be okay to use the SBS? I've
heard it isn't required to have a separate mail server but it isn't a bad
idea to have one. Would I be better off getting mail server software and
setting it up as a mail server? I have the SBS Resource Kit and it has a
program called "Mail Server (v1.1)." Could I use it? Also, 1/2 our computers
are on Win98 with Office97 and the others are NT4 with Office2000. I'm I
going to be running into problems because of the Win98 computers?

If you haven't yet guessed, I am very new to all of this and any help would
be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Stacey K. Nelson

2. SP level of Exchange 5.5?

3. Lost client licenses after installing SP3 (Exchange 5.5 on SBS 4.5)

4. Suppress Keywords in Message

5. How to install Exchange 5.5 ADMIN.EXE on NT4.0 server from SBS 4.5 CD

6. LDAP client not able to query E2K server

7. Installing Exchange 5.5 from SBS 4.5 Media

8. migration from 5.5 to E2K

9. Veritas BackupExe: SBS 4.5/SBS 2000

10. HELP !Transfering Exchange from SBS 4.0 to SBS 4.5

11. SBS 4.5 to SBS 2000

12. Migrating SBS Exchange 4.5 to Windows 2000 + Exchange (not SBS)

13. OWA in SBS 4.5