mta is missing?

Post by Rich Matheis » Sat, 13 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>i can't find the MTA site configuration container? i also cannot find
>Dynamic RAS connector under {File|New Other}. i'm using exch. 5.0 build
>1458.48 with service pack 1. am i using a different version??

You probably used the "Typical" installation. Rerun setup and choose
"Custom/Complete". In a single server site I don't remember if the MTA
Site Configuration object appears, though.

1. What am I missing?? (using scripts in AD)

I have been pulling my hair out trying to make this work.
I need help.

I need to add/remove printers on a LAN. I believed the
right thing to do was to create group policy that
would "push" the printer information using OU's in AD. All
of the machines have the drivers necessary to connect to
the printers so I do not need to "push" drivers, just
printer path

i have tried every knob and switch that the vast resources
on the internet demand...and still no joy.

I wrote a simple batch file named  newprint.bat

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ga /n\\servername\aruba

I even tried

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ga /n\\servername\aruba
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n\\servername\skye

Since /ga is for a "per machine" connection (for all users
of one computer) and /in was for a network printer
connection to see if it added one printer and not the
other.

I created an Organization Unit
I created a new group
I added my lone computer to that group
I made sure that policy was inherited
I put the batch file in the \machine\scripts\startup
folder
I created a group policy and assigned the script

I EVEN turned on the "run startup scripts visible"
policy/admin template from within the
new policy\computer configuration\Admin
Templates\System\logon
tree and have no luck there either.

So either the "visible" script thing does not work OR my
script is never making it to my 'puter

I know that I could create a batch file and fun it
individually at the local desktop. But that is nearly 100
computers - and the reason for implementing AD was to
simplify this kind of process.

Please help. This has been a most frustrating experience.

THANK YOU

2. Recipients container

3. What am I missing?

4. Hotmail

5. Am I Missing Something

6. Setup Internet Mail

7. What am I missing??????

8. Outlook Web Access, cannot get Inbox

9. missing pop3 server how to restore it i am not able to connect

10. Am I missing something? -- limits

11. isinteg not running, am I missing something

12. Why am I missing these options?

13. Workflow what I'am missing ?